Carrara 8.5 pro...Why does an object in the Preview window look better than any camera?

homey_jayhomey_jay Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Can anyone please tell me how its possible to get one of the render cameras to give me the same view as the Shader Preview Object view in the Texture Room?
I know that this seems like a stupid question but I have a model that in exactly the right position in the Preview window but I just cant seem to move the rendering camera to make it look exactly like the view in the Shader Room. The position can be the same but there seems to be a different field of view and more distortion of the object. Is there something 'special' about this Preview view?

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited October 2014

never mind previous response misread your question...didn't see Shader preview part

As far as I know the Shader preview is for only 1 object at a time and cannot simulate a production preview.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

homey_jay said:
    Can anyone please tell me how its possible to get one of the render cameras to give me the same view as the Shader Preview Object view in the Texture Room?
    I know that this seems like a stupid question but I have a model that in exactly the right position in the Preview window but I just cant seem to move the rendering camera to make it look exactly like the view in the Shader Room. The position can be the same but there seems to be a different field of view and more distortion of the object. Is there something 'special' about this Preview view?

It may be the camera type you're using, or the actual scene that the object is in, for instance, if the shader has reflections, you need to have something to reflect. The Texture Room's preview is just that- a preview. It is designed to refresh quickly and provide realtime feedback on what you are doing, it has no similarity to scene lighting or anything else.

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Are you using the 2D Zoom? View->Zoom->Default Zoom.

• homey_jayhomey_jay Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

It's not the shaders, its not the reflections - you don't need any of that to see what I mean.
    I'm using a default camera that comes with every scene. If you just add a cube to any scene, stretch one side and then edit its shader, you can position the cube so you can see a 3/4 view with a bit of perspective. If you go back to the Assemble room, try to move the camera to match the view in the texture room. I've tried but I can never get it the same. There's something that's different about the way the camera works in the texture room that seems to look more natural (at least to me!)

Can anyone from DAZ offer any help please?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited December 1969

homey_jay said:

Can anyone from DAZ offer any help please?

Hi. Sorry for your frustration, but in general the help that you will find on the forum is from user to user. It can be excellent help here, but if you want to make sure that someone from DAZ sees your problem, you should submit a support ticket.

I don't know the answer to your question, or if there is a way to change the camera angle in the shader preview, but the first place I would start would be looking in the preferences tab.

• homey_jayhomey_jay Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll create a support ticket. Hopefully I'll get someone to sort it out!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't hold out much hope with a support ticket. What you describe isn't a bug really. It is most likely user inexperience. I'm not saying this to be rude. We were all new to this once. My suggestion is, since we don't know what is exactly that you want, the best way to describe what you're seeing is to show us what you're seeing. You could post screen caps of the Assembly room view and the Texture room view.

The camera type and settings in the Assembly room will also help.