Carrara8.5 or Carrara 8.5 Pro

KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have a question regarding the two versions available in the store. I currently have a 32-bit desktop system, and I plan to buy a newer 64-bit system later on. If I were to buy the Pro version of C 8.5 now, would that give me the serial numbers for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, or do I need to just buy the non-Pro version for now, then buy Pro later when I do have the new machine?

Personally, I'd prefer not to have to purchase both versions of the program if I don't have to.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I have a question regarding the two versions available in the store. I currently have a 32-bit desktop system, and I plan to buy a newer 64-bit system later on. If I were to buy the Pro version of C 8.5 now, would that give me the serial numbers for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, or do I need to just buy the non-Pro version for now, then buy Pro later when I do have the new machine?

Personally, I'd prefer not to have to purchase both versions of the program if I don't have to.

From what I understand, when you buy the Pro version, if you enter the 64 bit Pro serial number into the 32 bit Standard version of Carrara, it unlocks the 32 bit Pro features. You basically get Carrara 32 bit Pro and 64 bit Pro for one price.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Yes, I can confirm that you get both the 32bit and 64 bit versions when you get C8.5 Pro. I just checked to make sure, and the 32bit version of C8.5 Pro shows as being ready to download and install in DIM. I used to install both, but with 8.5 have only installed the 64bit version.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

See this thread for a little bit more.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28592/