MineShaft/Cave Entrance in Bryce

gcshepgcshep Posts: 31
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi I ‘am thinking of purchasing Bryce but before I do I would like to know is it possible to create a Mineshaft/Cave entrance and if so doe’s anyone have an image of their work to show the end result.

Best Regards
George

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

i dont have a image of a scene like that, but from what i have learned about bryce so far....yes that can be done :)

• gcshepgcshep Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Thank you Tim for the feed back

Best Regards

George

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Not a mine and probably not exactly what you mean, but this one is a cave showing that caves can be made in Bryce.
    I could have rendered this one from the outside too, it is a real cave in a real terrain object.

Cave.jpg
    855 x 500 - 257K
    edited December 1969

Nice job it is the type of thing I would be able to work with.

After seeing what can be done has convinced me to give it ago .

Thank you
    George

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

I call this mine shaft "El Deporable".

Basically a rectangular symlat hollows out a terrain. Add a few shaky looking struts and stones, a few lights, and depth of field because I couldn't be arsed smoothing out the hard intersecting edge between terrain and symlat :)

I should've added a cage sphere around the lights to cast wire shadows on the mine walls for more interest. Ah well. Another time.

ElDeporable.jpg
    640 x 480 - 188K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info like the look of El Deporable.

I have started to watch your tutorials on YouTube it seems I have a lot of studying on Bryce to do, I have enjoyed your style of instructions on the tutorial keep up the excellent work.

Best Regards
    George

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

@gcs3- don't worry, you don't have a lot of study to do....if you have used other 3D software bryce should come really easy to you :)

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

gcs3 said:
    I have started to watch your tutorials on YouTube it seems I have a lot of studying on Bryce to do, I have enjoyed your style of instructions on the tutorial keep up the excellent work.

Hey, thanks, but... Uh, A word to the wise, gcs3: the Key-Flame videos are primarily aimed at people who have a little experience with Bryce already. There are several major areas I don't really get into in the Key-Flame tutorials, including Materials and Textures, Lighting & HDRI, rendering options and virtually everything in Bryce 7 (I use Bryce 6.3).

If you're looking for tutorials on making photorealistic scenery, Horo Wernli and David Brinnen have created hundreds of tutorials on a wide range of Bryce topics in the "Bryce Tutorials" sticky at the top of the Bryce Forum. I tend to just stick with animation subjects: it's a specialty that interests me (and 3D modeling). Making this mine shaft image was just a little diversion :)

Good luck!