VR built in Daz3d Studio

This is a pretty wild program. I would love to see the ability to go into the world I creat with a VR headset, then walk up to the models. If this is already possible forgive me for my inxperence. The bridge to Unreal editor was a big deal to me for this reason. But I have not learned how to import the animations. But I would be just as happy to see the capabilty added directly to Daz Studio to be able to go into the world from within this app.

Second, I can't really comment on animatoin becase I'm new to Daz, but I found the movment controls confusing to pick up right away. I wish the program pan and viewport move controls were more like 3dsMax, or Blender.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    edited March 2021

I couldn't agree more! I love VR, in it daily and to be able to move around or better yet create scenes in VR inside DS would be amazing to me!

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

You can create static images to view in VR with Daz pretty easily with the spherical lens. I tried it a few years back and it was pretty cool. You feel like you're standing inside your scene. The spherical lens renders a full 360 view, so everything behind, above, and below the camera gets rendered as well as what's directly ahead of it. After you have your image, you just have to upload it somewhere suitable and access it with your VR device.

Oculus rift has a home feature that allows you to import custom objects that you can use as your environment. You can then navigate and decorate it as you like.

Here is a link with more info on the topic: https://renderguide.com/daz3d-vr-and-360-images-in-daz-studio/ (the method I described is discussed towards the bottom of the page)

I haven't tried the two-camera approach to making a 360 image, but I assume it makes things look more 3 dimensional than using just the one. I will be trying that out soon. 

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    I actually managed to get a scene into unity quite a while back and put it onto an oculus go. I used a teleport type control to move around the room (I get terrible motion sickness) It wasn't a fantastic experience, but it was more of a proof of concept for me. I'm sure I could do a better job now. The Oculus go is nowhere powerful enough to get a life like experience, lots of aliasing and textures would need tweeking. So in principle it's possible,and I'm sure with a good headset and gpu it would be much better. But native support would be fantastic.
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

If you want to see this happen, you'll need to create a ticket as a "feature request".