DAZ Studio won't launch

edited October 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,
I've a weird problem. DAZ worked fine for me all the time until I decided to do a cleanup, reinstall it and all my stuff with it. I used download manager to redownload it and install, and after that when trying to launch the .exe nothing happens, it just doesnt launch, doesnt even appear in processes.

My specs:
Win 7 64
Xeon E3 3,80 Ghz
16 GB RAM
GF 760

I didnt change anything else in my system and everything else runs fine, all drivers are up to date, clean registry, HDD in perfect shape, fresh install of Windows from 2 weeks ago. Tried reinstalling it a couple of times, including a fresh download of both the DAZ Studio installer, Install Manager+CMS, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Post edited by brandywin_daf8edd597 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

You are using the nVidia drivers, not the Windows defaults? Do you even get the splash screen for DS? If you go to C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4 and open the log.txt file (assuming there is one) how does it end?

• edited December 1969

I'm using nVidia drivers. I dont get a splash screen, just busy icon next to the cursor for a second and nothing after that.

Here is the content of my log.txt file :

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.6.3.52 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.6
    OpenSubdiv Version: 2.3.5
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7600, No Service Pack Installed
    CPU Information:
    CPU String: GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand String: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 6
    Cache Size = 256
    Stepping ID = 3
    Model = 12
    Family = 6
    Extended model = 3
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    APIC Physical ID = 2
    Supported CPU Features:
    SSE3 New Instructions
    MONITOR/MWAIT
    CPL Qualified Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor 2
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor and Clock Ctrl
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Self Snoop
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Thermal Monitor
    Pend. Brk. EN.
    Physical Memory:
    Total: 15.9 GB (17104355328)
    Avail: 13.5 GB (14520922112)
    Virtual Memory:
    Total: 7.9 TB (8796092891136)
    Avail: 7.9 TB (8795862024192)
    Current Memory Usage: 15%
    Current DateTime:
    Loc: So 18. pa? 20:03:56 2014
    UTC: So 18. pa? 18:03:56 2014
    Temp Data:
    Location = C:/Users/A/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
    Disk Total: 97.5 GB (104751689728)
    Disk Avail: 32.9 GB (35354587136)
    Locale: pl_PL
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Main Street.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/EXPExporter/ExPExporter.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FBXExporter/FBXExporter.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FigureSetup/FigureSetup.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/JointEditor/JointEditor.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LayeredImageEditor/LayeredImageEditor.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoader/MorphLoader.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoaderPro/MorphLoaderPro.dsx
    Reading help file D:/soft/daz/software/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx

edited December 1969

The next sections should be:

Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.9.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:

So, the obvious potential issues are some kind of bad directory link, a corrupted layout file, or driver issues. The middle one is the easiest to try - remove all of the .dsx files from the C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4 folder and try launching again.

• edited December 1969

I removed all of the files mentioned and it still won't launch, also reinstalled everything again using default settins and locations, still nothing.

Do you have any idea as to which drivers might be causing this? I'm a bit loss here because all other software works fine (and I'm using 3D modelling tools on daily basis).

edited December 1969

Did you try removing the .dsx files?

I do notice, if I'm reading the log correctly, that you are in Poland (or at least, using a Polish version of Windows). What is the exact path to your Public Documents folder on the disc drive?

• edited December 1969

Yes, I removed those files, still no effect.

I'm using Polish Windows, path to my Public Documents is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.

edited December 1969

Well, that appears to rule out DS choking on a non-standard (for the US) character. I'm not sure what to suggest next.

• computersandmorecomputersandmore Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

did you ever figure this out???

I am having the same problem. again after performing some system maintenance and removing junk files, etc...