Data & Runtime folders missing on DS interface directly under My Libraries folder, elsewhere

launoklaunok Posts: 782
edited October 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there,

I am not sure if this is correct or not, the way my DS interface appears as the 'data' and 'runtime' folders does not appear on Daz Studio interface screen under My Libraries folder. It's now scattered under other folders!

I first thought that it's because it's not loaded correctly in the 'My Documents' folder but it is loaded correctly and shown on image attached! All of the other files as seen on the attached image in My Documents folder do show in DS interface screen, but not Data and Runtime! Why is this that these 2 important files do not appear where it should on the DS interface?

It makes it actually difficult when I want to install files. I have for instance a 'data' and 'runtime' under both content and contents but isn't it better to have them altogether in one location as to have more under various folders? I have tried to install something but with it now laying somewhere else it doesn't want to load. When I search for the item in DS I do find it but it's just a file name and nothing happens when I click on the item since I think it's in the wrong location. :smirk: I am installing manually since it's outside files from ShareCG and Rendo. Someone once gave me some kind of formula: My Libraries: Data / People / Runtime and not that I have to go and install to another folder, i.e. contents. And why do I have more than one content folder!? It doesn't seems correct! This is now so confusing.

I think this is why my stuff at times doesn't want to work properly, especially freebies from .rar and .zip files. The old .exe installers has automatically installed the goods to their respective folders like the products from Daz.

Any advice is appreciated.

Laura

daz_instal_problem_2a.jpg
1024 x 742 - 137K
daz_instal_problem_2.jpg
1024 x 768 - 150K
daz_instal_problem_1.jpg
1024 x 768 - 171K
Post edited by launok on

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2014

I see you have my Roaring Twenties clothes. They should all be installed into the same folders that came in the zip file. ie data to data, people to people and runtime to runtime.

If they aren't in the correct folders then they wont work as Daz can't find the files it needs.

There is a tutorial on my website that shows how to install zip files.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

The Data and Runtime folders are deliberately hidden in DS as they contain back-end files, not files that the user loads directly (with the exception of certain folders in Runtime\Libraries, which appear under Poser Formats as the various content libraries). The Data and Runtime folders should always be in the actual content directory, not in a sub-folder.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited October 2014

wilmap said:
    I see you have my Roaring twenties clothes. They should all be installed into the same folders that came in the zip file. ie data to data, people to people and runtime to runtime.

Hi Wendy, if I remember correctly I did do so manually under My Documents and they do work. But with other items I do struggle quite some, for instance a terrain by 'eblank' I can find the name but nothing happens when I click on it. I always try installing the items the same way. Will go and have a look at your tutorial! And actually I remember now I had reinstalled your roaring twenties wear to where they should be but forgot to take them off as still shown in main folder! :)

EDIT: Thank you Richard! I thought I had my DS installed incorrectly.

Post edited by launok on