Michael 5 can't smile

CrystalwizardCrystalwizard Posts: 102
edited December 1969 in The Commons

or do anything else with his face.

or change most of his body around.

I've bought all the Genesis Evolution morph packages and used Install manager to install them. I've bought 2 different expression packages for genesis. one shows up in smart content, one doesn't, but even applying the expressions in the one that shows doesn't change his expression.

Someone PLEASE tell me what I'm missing.

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2014

Are you using DAZ Studio? Here's a quick way to get Michael 5 to smile:
    Load Michael 5 and select his head. Go to the Posing pane, click the "Mouth" group, and find the slider for "Mouth Smile." Slide it forward (up) and you should see him smile.

Expression packages differ...some include sliders that are similar to the "Mouth Smile" one...they should be accessible in the Posing pane if the head is selected. Others are more like pose presets which you'll need to find in either Smart Content or the Content Library. Can you provide some more details about the one you're trying to use that doesn't change the expression? Which product is it?

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

It sounds to me like you're missing morphs. Here's some things to check:

Is Michael 5 installed into the same folder as Genesis? Are the Evolution and expression packages installed to the same folder as Genesis?

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the character?

Check here: data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Michael 5

Are the smile morphs present? Are all of the files present (168 files total)?

Check here: data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Evolution

Are the Evolution Smile morphs present? Are all of the files present (274 files total)

Have you checked the folders where the expression packages are installed, made sure everything is present and accounted for?