Gallery Image Posting

Just a heads up, I will adding a lot of my images to the gallery here soon.  Most of you have already seen and commented on them here in the forum. 

You do not need to post a comment unless you have a deep desire to do so.  I feel bad that people may feel that they have to comment again.  Taking time to comment in the gallery is time consuming especially if you are at other site's galleries and commenting there too (which many of us are).  I will not feel hurt if I get no comments in the gallery.  I just want all my images in one place so that I don't lose them.  I've already lost so many of my first images.  Not that they were awesome (which they weren't) but they showed my progression as an artist.

I hope that this message is taken in good stead.

Comments

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

wow, that are many Pictures... didn't see them all, but what I saw now is amazing.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

NGartplay - if there are not too many images by the same artist, I add a comment to all Bryce artworks because it seems important to me that all see that Bryce artwork exists, is great and is appereciated.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Thank you Horo, I have to look and see how to find just the Bryce gallery.  I was feeling bad about posting images at multiple places.  At Renderosity I only comment on the Bryce gallery for the same reason.  I'll try to do that here too.

Horo, when I went to your gallery here you have so many amazing images.  Simply beautiful work.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

NGartplay - thank you. Yes, over at Renderosiy I also only comment in the Bryce gallery, in fact, I look very seldom at the other forums.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

I also try to comment on most Bryce images, but I make sure to Like all of them (the Bryce Images), mainly because I think liking is more important.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Hi Mermaid, I never 'like'.  Can you explain why you think it's more important?  Maybe that's what I'll do too.  Does it let people know who liked them?

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I would disagree that liking is more important than providing a comment, because it's much easier to press a like button then come up with a thought.

...however, modern internet society grants too big role for "liked" systems, and also here in daz gallery, you see "most popular images" slideshow on the top and those are the ones with many likes.

Also if you can't leave a comment, but still press like, it also encourages author a bit when they feel that their work is appreciated, maybe.

So... hard question actually cool

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited March 2021

Actually that is what I meant, the Likes push the image into the "popular images", and Akmerlow explained it very well. It's very important to comment, but I'm not sure if we are getting notifications like the old gallery, so we can't really thank the person commenting. I know Horo commented on one of my images, but I did not get a notificaton for it.

So I think to push Bryce forward we need the likes more than the comments at the moment anyway, so they appear among the popular and trending.

On the other hand it's awesome to get comments especially from persons who don't post/visit the Bryce Discussion Forum.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

I agree, liking brings Bryce renders forward. However, apparently most people on thes site want to see pictures of realistic looking people, often ladies with limited clothing. However good your Bryce render may be, limited chance of getting to the top of the list.