Particle Generator Experiments

2»

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles

I tried to copy Dave’s idea with the leaves but did not come right. I tried to use a material from one of the Xfrog trees.

It was fun playing with the particle emitter.

I think an underwater scene will be a good way to use the PE to get some cool bubbles.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120757295549/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120757295478/

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Oro - to be fair, when the PE was discovered by a programmer, we were all very hesitant to have the code unlocked. The PE shouldn't be advertised, it's really only a code fragment.

Understood, Horo. I don't blame anyone for its release, only mourn its untapped potential.

@Electro-elvis: No. They stay spheres. You can modify the material of the spheres to some extent to make them not look like spheres, but they're still spheres.

Particle emission is done by many different 3D applications, and 2D applications. Here's a list of common parameters, and these often come with random variations over time:

Max. Particles at any time
    Life time of particles
    Shape/Image of particle
    Forces: Wind, gravity, magnets, momentum, etc
    Size
    Turbulence
    Start/Stop time of emission
    Collision logic

@Mermaid: You've inspired me again :) With a negative gravity setting, you might be able to make fishtank bubbles!

edited December 1969

Oroboros said:

@Mermaid: You've inspired me again :) With a negative gravity setting, you might be able to make fishtank bubbles!

Then we hope to see another video soon ;)

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

@TheSavage64

I have exactly the same settings as you here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/698585/ , but my picture looks not as yours.

TestDisplacement.jpg
    500 x 500 - 175K
    Screenshot1.jpg
    662 x 522 - 270K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - looks as if you have missed to set it to Blend Transparency in the Materials Options.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - looks as if you have missed to set it to Blend Transparency in the Materials Options.

Thanks again Horo, the problem is solved.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

A few months ago I was trying to do an image using the particle emitter that I had been dying to try since I got Bryce 7 and had seen Horo's tutorial... As has already been said, it is sometimes a difficult "tool" not only for it's sphere only particle shape... However I tried using it for the debris flying from the tornado... With volumetric clouds taking so long to render to see if the "particles" were where and when I wanted them... It became quite frustrating and I have thus designated this as a WIP that I really have no intention of revisiting... In this case I would have better used the multi- or random replicate of actual objects of my choice... I'll play with the emitter another time...
    Steve

tornado4jpeg.jpg
    960 x 720 - 359K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Spurred on by your tornado picture mtnmen, I knocked together this slightly abstract (as it turned out) dust devil.
    It's made from two emitters at about 30° from horizontal and at 180° to each other, parented to a sphere which is set to rotate on it's Y axis very quickly.

Th body of the dust devil is then made from multi-replicating a metaball in a spiral, increasing the size as it goes.

DustDevil.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 456K
    edited December 1969

mtnmen- I like the tornado scene, very nicely done.

Dave- Wow - love it

edited December 1969

Thanks Mermaid...
    Savage... so glad I "spurred" you... I like your image and I see how much better the PE effect was in your somewhat but not so abstract... than in my WIP... I like your use of the metaballs spiraling... I had used several torus' for my tornado..
    One of these days I'll play with the PE again... even with its limits it's fun to have...
    Steve

edited December 1969

Oroboros said:
    With a negative gravity setting, you might be able to make fishtank bubbles!

I experimented with the PE below a water surface for bubbles yesterday. Pity the bubbles cannot be resized.

@mtnmen - great render nevertheless.

@Dave - tornado looks great.

edited December 1969

Very impressive the Tornado.

edited December 1969

Thousands glass balls falling from the sky, and landing swimming in the lake.

GlassParticle1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 189K
    edited December 1969

Horo- I also experimented with the PE -still trying to get leaves,

Roland - looking cool

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited October 2014

Bubbles

I tried it underwater in a volume water plane but they didn't come up more than just off the bottom.

Too dark I think :blank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtExKQ1whvQ&feature=youtu.be

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    ...Pity the bubbles cannot be resized.

Although it would be better if the bubbles could be resized, you can always scale your scene up to make the bubbles smaller relatively.
    I know you know this already, but just pointing it out to anyone who may not have realised.

edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    Bubbles

I tried it underwater in a volume water plane but they didn't come up more than just off the bottom.

It looks like you've got bubbles falling too?

If you set your Gravity setting to a positive number, they just keep rising.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Spurred on by your tornado picture mtnmen, I knocked together this slightly abstract (as it turned out) dust devil.
    It's made from two emitters at about 30° from horizontal and at 180° to each other, parented to a sphere which is set to rotate on it's Y axis very quickly.

Th body of the dust devil is then made from multi-replicating a metaball in a spiral, increasing the size as it goes.

I see this as a very promising test. Thanks Savage!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    Bubbles

Too dark, perhaps, but to me they fly by too fast for the eye to determine what they are.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Fishtales said:
    Bubbles

Too dark, perhaps, but to me they fly by too fast for the eye to determine what they are.
    I agree. Too fast. Here's a still I made 4-1/2 years ago using the PE.

ParticleBubbles.jpg
    800 x 800 - 150K
    edited December 1969

@Horo... great particle bubbles.. Thanks for your positive comment for the tornado...
    I think that I really like the particle emitter for close ups of the particles, in an abstract approach, rather than as I did ...
    This is all good stuff, here...
    Steve