daz content uwrap in Poser11, does it work?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited March 2021 in Poser Discussion

Hi.

I recently bought poser 11, 

not sure what will work in poser.

i'm contemplating a few sets in fastgrab,
but concerned uwrap will render oddly in poser11

I'm guessing general rigging not work? 

what i'm really hoping for is to use poser's walk designer to assist with my carrara animations.

thanks.

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited March 2021

What Daz trick? UDIMS should be fine, Poser has never had a problem treating out-of-bounds UV values as tiling so it should have no trouble with mappings on an offset unit square. Of course Genesis 3 and 8, which were the first Daz figures to use UDIMs, are not supported in Poser.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Richard Haseltine said:

What Daz trick? UDIMS should be fine, Poser has never had a problem treating out-of-bounds UV values as tiling so it should have no trouble with mappings on an offset unit square. Of course Genesis 3 and 8, which were the first Daz figures to use UDIMs, are not supported in Poser.

dont want to waste money if steampunk streets renders weird texture spaces

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

Poser11 you can use DSON import and the UV's are correct but you also need instances to objects by Code 66 for many sets https://www.daz3d.com/instances-to-objects prior to DSON conversion  just like Carrara duf import

• Mystiarra said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You were havibng trouble in the past because you exported an OBJ from DS with Collapse UVs checked - which breaks any tiling set up via out of cbounds UVs. That can be avaoided by not exporting an OBJ with Collapse UVs checked.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

Richard Haseltine said:

Mystiarra said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You were havibng trouble in the past because you exported an OBJ from DS with Collapse UVs checked - which breaks any tiling set up via out of cbounds UVs. That can be avaoided by not exporting an OBJ with Collapse UVs checked.

uh no that was me not Misty

there are many variables too, some things just cannot be exported from D|S UV's intact, for those I go the Carrara UV untick route