Daz to Unreal - Hair Issue

Hey all, 

I'm pretty new to all this with Unreal, though I did work a bit with Unity in the past. Anyway, I gave the Daz to UE4 bridge a test last night and it seemed to work pretty well. However, I did have an issue with the character's hair. I've included a screenshot which shows what happens when the model is brought over to UE4. For some reason the hair is positioned below the rest of the model; maybe its missing a bone or something? I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before and might be able to give some advice.

Thanks.

hair bug

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited March 2021

rhuno said:

Hey all, 

I'm pretty new to all this with Unreal, though I did work a bit with Unity in the past. Anyway, I gave the Daz to UE4 bridge a test last night and it seemed to work pretty well. However, I did have an issue with the character's hair. I've included a screenshot which shows what happens when the model is brought over to UE4. For some reason the hair is positioned below the rest of the model; maybe its missing a bone or something? I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before and might be able to give some advice.

Thanks.

hair bug

the hair was proper fit to the character???, what is this character? v4 g1, g2, g3 g.8 , g8.1???? , at first look it's looks lie the hair not was proper fited to the character., what is this hair?

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • rhunorhuno Posts: 0

The character is G8 female. I got it here: https://www.renderhub.com/fadeam/gcc-doa-kasumi-for-g8f

The hair looks normal in Daz Studio and also exports to Unity without issue. I haven't been able to figure out why it doesn't want to work with UE4. I've also tried other models and they don't have this issue; so it seems specific to this character.

• Razzle-Dazzle3DRazzle-Dazzle3D Posts: 32
    edited March 2021

rhuno said:

The character is G8 female. I got it here: https://www.renderhub.com/fadeam/gcc-doa-kasumi-for-g8f

The hair looks normal in Daz Studio and also exports to Unity without issue. I haven't been able to figure out why it doesn't want to work with UE4. I've also tried other models and they don't have this issue; so it seems specific to this character.

Unfortunately, since this character is not a Daz asset, we cannot guarantee the compatibility of this in Daz Studio or via the Daz to Unreal bridge.

It appears that the hair is not properly parenting to the hair cap on this figure, so I would recommend starting there. However, again, we cannot guarantee functionality of third party content.

Post edited by Razzle-Dazzle3D on
  • rhunorhuno Posts: 0

Razzle-Dazzle3D said:

rhuno said:

Unfortunately, since this character is not a Daz asset, we cannot guarantee the compatibility of this in Daz Studio or via the Daz to Unreal bridge.

It appears that the hair is not properly parenting to the hair cap on this figure, so I would recommend starting there. However, again, we cannot guarantee functionality of third party content.

Sure, that makes sense. I appreciate the feedback. Cheers.