Look-alikes and a visual catalog for owned items

SeraSera Posts: 1,675
edited March 2021 in Product Suggestions

I'd love to see look-alikes for the following people:

Poppy 

Ashnikko:

Grimes:

Another idea is a catalog program that shows you large thumbnails of all your owned items, broken down into user-defined categories, on pages (as opposed to one long scrolling list- this helps you to find stuff later because you will start remembering what page things are on).

That way you can browse just the female models you own, in nice, large images, when looking for a character to use. 

Or you can pull up just items tagged "living room" when you want to render a living room, but have so many you forgot which ones you own or what they are called. 

Newly tagged items should go to the end of the list, that way the page numbers remain the same for earlier items.  

I think this would be really useful and would definitely buy it! 

download.jpg
500 x 700 - 39K
poppy-a-famous-singer.png
465 x 609 - 414K
unnamed.jpg
900 x 900 - 202K
Grimes-march-4-2019-a-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg
1548 x 1024 - 213K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

i use the content library and don't have any issues finding anything, so I am not sure if something like this would help you https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-content

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

FSMCDesigns said:

i use the content library and don't have any issues finding anything, so I am not sure if something like this would help you https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-content

I like that it has large thumbnails, but it's doesn't seem to allow user set tags or do anything with props and environments. 

The reason why I do not use smart content or categories in Daz is that the images displayed are small, and they all show up at once, not on pages. So you have to scroll for ages to find something, and you can lose your place  or miss it with the small thumbnails. Also, sometimes I forget if something is a prop or an environment, and having to look in both places is a pain. 

I was thinking more of a stand-alone program so that it could use the whole monitor screen and not lock up what you are doing in Daz. 

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154
    edited March 2021

I second the need for a better library that lets me browse the items I own. At least, let me make the Smart Content icons bigger.

Ideally this would be a feature of the DAZ website. Similar to the Product Library, but instead of showing items one by one,

display a page filled with product photos (same size as with the existing lib). Clicking on a photo sends you to the existing Product lib page.

Bonus features: hover popups with metadata (product name, creator, Genesis version). Categories.

Edit: let me add a business case: it's no fun collecting items until you really use them, because there is no nice way to flip through your collection and memorize all the pretty stuff. (both Smart Content and Product Library don't cut it for slow deliberate browsing)

Update: I almost made a little tool that solves my problem.

It retrieves a list of all the SKUs I own, then downloads the product cover images. It's enjoyable to browse this in IrfanView (thumbs as big as you like). I immediately discovered stuff I long forgot I had.

Problem is: 2/3 of the product readme's (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start) are missing.

Pulling the images from the Product Library requires login and JavaScript, that won't fly. Burying this experiment...

daz_libbrowser.jpg
    2149 x 1767 - 904K
    Post edited by cajhin on

cajhin said:

Update: I almost made a little tool that solves my problem.

It retrieves a list of all the SKUs I own, then downloads the product cover images. It's enjoyable to browse this in IrfanView (thumbs as big as you like). I immediately discovered stuff I long forgot I had.

Problem is: 2/3 of the product readme's (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start) are missing.

Pulling the images from the Product Library requires login and JavaScript, that won't fly. Burying this experiment...

I got so excited for a second. What's the problem with login and javascript? 

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154

login: a) I won't ask for your password, and you should absolutely not give it into some tool you downloaded from the internet. b) the tool doesn't know how to do a login on the particular DAZ webpage

javascript: the tool downloads plain HTML, there are no links to the images in there. The links are injected by some JavaScript code somewhere, probably pulled from a database, that gets complicated

I don't want to spend days on this; I was just trying if I could sketch something useful in 90 minutes.

cajhin said:

login: a) I won't ask for your password, and you should absolutely not give it into some tool you downloaded from the internet. b) the tool doesn't know how to do a login on the particular DAZ webpage

javascript: the tool downloads plain HTML, there are no links to the images in there. The links are injected by some JavaScript code somewhere, probably pulled from a database, that gets complicated

I don't want to spend days on this; I was just trying if I could sketch something useful in 90 minutes.

Fair enough.