Introduction of a new PA - Soldier for Genesis 2 Male(s) [Commercial]

YuraYura Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi, my name is Yura (Artur), I´m 25 and Soldier for Genesis 2 Male(s) is my first creation.

I hope you like it and enjoy it!!

;-)

Soldier for Genesis 2 Male(s)

00-main-soldier-for-genesis-2-males-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 934K
02-soldier-for-genesis-2-males-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 790K
09-soldier-for-genesis-2-males-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 768K
Post edited by Yura on

Comments

• luthbellinaluthbellina Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Hi, my name is Yura (Artur), I´m 25 and Soldier for Genesis 2 Male(s) is my first creation.

I hope you like it and enjoy it!!

;-)

Soldier for Genesis 2 Male(s)

Another Luthbel's padawan!!!!Artur looking great!!!!A perfect way to start in Daz!!!!:)

In Spain there is no unemployement yet...Thanks bro!!!! LOL

• YuraYura Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Luthbel´s Padawan Army!!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2014

Modern, combat-ready soldiers haven't really been done for Genesis 1 or 2. There's a great 'informal' costume set for Genesis 1, but nothing for figures looking like they're on a mission. So glad someone has finally made this! And the gas mask is a great addition. Definitely buying this, tonight. :)

Will there be a female version available? And any plans for futuristic expansions (alternative body armour, helmets, visors, etcetera)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to make some Colonial Marines ('Aliens')-style science-fiction art.

Makes me wonder if anybody's making a military biological/chemical warfare suit... Those things would be great for horror renders.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
    edited December 1969

Welcome and it's looking great!

• BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited October 2014

Welcome Yura and congratulations on the release.

Here's a quick proof of concept render on G2F, G2M, G2M, and Genesis hiding in back... it's a set that will be very handy for some work shortly, so it's great timing! I'm also looking forward to seeing how it can be kitbashed with other sets when I have the time.... I think it will work great.

SoldiersG2.jpg
    1420 x 1080 - 362K
    Post edited by Baronek on
    edited October 2014

Looks like there's some unfortunate warping of what should be solid metal grenade casings on the belt when it's auto-fitted to G2F, judging by that picture... Still going to purchase it, regardless! Shall just have to keep in mind female soldiers can only be pictured from above the waist (unless the belt's optional).

edited December 1969

Modern, combat-ready soldiers haven't really been done for Genesis 1 or 2. There's a great 'informal' costume set for Genesis 1, but nothing for figures looking like they're on a mission. So glad someone has finally made this! And the gas mask is a great addition. Definitely buying this, tonight. :)

Will there be a female version available? And any plans for futuristic expansions (alternative body armour, helmets, visors, etcetera)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to make some Colonial Marines ('Aliens')-style science-fiction art.

Makes me wonder if anybody's making a military biological/chemical warfare suit... Those things would be great for horror renders.

Hiii!! Yes, of course, I´ll made some expansions I think, or new full tematic sets. :)

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Welcome and it's looking great!

Thanks!! :)

edited December 1969

brad004 said:
    Welcome Yura and congratulations on the release.

Here's a quick proof of concept render on G2F, G2M, G2M, and Genesis hiding in back... it's a set that will be very handy for some work shortly, so it's great timing! I'm also looking forward to seeing how it can be kitbashed with other sets when I have the time.... I think it will work great.

Wooow!! It looks great!! :O

Thanks!!

edited December 1969

Hiii!! Yes, of course, I´ll made some expansions I think, or new full tematic sets. :)

Excellent! If one of them is a pilot, you'll be filling an even bigger gap. :)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Could not pass this one. Very nice and much needed. Thank you.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Wonderful! I hope to see one with a combat helmet.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited October 2014

Beyond awesome Yura! I love the set. It is so versatile, and you did a great job. I used it here. I added different headgear and arms since they are more futuristic.

soldier-image3.4_.jpg
    1000 x 1142 - 556K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Very good render, Serene!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Hi and welcome to the store! That's nice work.

edited December 1969

Hi and welcome to the store! That's nice work.

Thanks!! :)

edited December 1969

Beyond awesome Yura! I love the set. It is so versatile, and you did a great job. I used it here. I added different headgear and arms since they are more futuristic.

I like it!!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

Hello Yura and welcome. I'm so glad you put up the first picture showing the gas mask. The entire outfit looks excellent, but I NEED the gas mask!!!
    Congrats on the first item.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Thanks Xenomorphine. I'm sure you'll love this set with the kind of cool stuff you come up with. =-)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991
    edited October 2014

Welcome as a PA! :-)
    You made a great set here (one I couldn't resist buying! :-)) but I have to agree with what was said about distortion on "solid" parts. The grenades, the bullets, as well as the pockets around the hip show distortion.
    I've marked the pockets distortion in the first image of a running soldier in the test render.
    The second image has the bullet/grenade distortion. (Right now, it looks more like a dildo collection due to the distortion. *runs for cover*)
    I understand that this is quite a challenge, but it would be great if the "solid" parts would act a bit more solid.

Soldier2.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 184K
    Soldier.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 185K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited October 2014

Thanks Xenomorphine. I'm sure you'll love this set with the kind of cool stuff you come up with. =-)

Yes-yes! :coolgrin: There are a lot of uses I can dream up for that gas mask and balaclava, alone... It's a very nice product! I like that it's also free of any national insignia, too - allows you to use it for representing any country or organisation. I'd suggest maybe a texture expansion for showing ranks (Private/Corporal/General/etcetera), but it would probably be very work-intensive, because you'd have to do one for Army, one for Navy, one for Air Force, maybe another for Marines... And the US uses a different set to the UK, which differs from Russia, China, Japan and so on... Probably more trouble than it would be worth!

lee_lhs: I haven't played around much with this set, but yes, that's what I was referring to... Maybe it's not specific to G2F? I was glad to see the grenade belt, at least, is optional. Auto-fitting it to G2F without the belt helps to eliminate a lot of the warping (which allows for female soldiers). The other pockets, however, are necessary for the vest... Going to have to be careful with poses and lighting, that's all!

Warping textures are a frustration I've found with several costumes, but not being a modeller, myself, I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it. Solid props, maybe? There are grenades in the store which could simply be parented to the hip or chest, if need be. A lot of weapons come with separate magazines, too - you could parent them to the hips and chest, to make it look like they're attached.