Move Content Library to New Drive

A plugin for DS that can move a content library to a new drive and also update DIM settings so future updates and product installs use the new location.

Having a way to do this in Studio would take the pain out of moving an entire library and getting all the DIM settings corrected so it doesn't cause problems later on.

This could be expanded to do some advanced things like making custom categories and provide a way to save them and reimport them should the need arise.

I'm sure there are many "hidden" library features that would be very useful if they only they had a simple UI to make them easier to understand and use.

Every library needs at least one good librarian. 

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,209

I agree.. I'm in the same boat... Having to reinstall content to my new computer :(  Seems like with all the smart brains at Daz there would be an easier way to update content. 

• QuenarosQuenaros Posts: 0

It would be great to let us choose the directories while installing too. If you look up the internet everybody is talking about DIM. If you buy Daz3D all you get is DazCentral with zero comfort.