Strange Objects Download

124»

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,101

Hansmar : wow, amazing image, the reflection effect is really beautiful.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited April 2021

NGartplay, mermaid, Horo, adbc: Thanks.

I made one more with this GeoDome. Placed the camera just outside, used pure reflection on the object, one of the many sky settings I have in my Bryce library (but probably moved the sun around), a pelican and a landscape.

With another object (Springtower) and two infinite reflecting planes and one reflecting 2D face and another sky, as well as a sphere with one of S Ray's textures I created the second one, which I call 'Pinball'. I did add a sphere with another S Ray texture and a light therein on top of the tower.

geodome2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 943K
    geodome3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 818K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001

Hansmar - both renders are fantastic, I like both of them

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

Hansmar, like the 'city' scene, very sci-fi.  The other looks like a chrome wheel.  Like the refelction.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124

Hansmar - those look great. The first has something abstract to it and the second looks like some industrial place.

Hansmar : I like both renders, they are awesome !

edited April 2021

mermaid, NGartplay, Horo, adbc: Thank you.

One more with the Spring tower, now as a high-rise building in the city of Dystopia. I added the ring of LEDs by Horo/David as item in the sky and added a spacecraft. The sky is from the fantastic skies (Horo and David again).

new high rise.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 799K

Hansmar . tha looks great, the tower is definitely a good addition.

Hansmar : awesome render, beautifully done.

Hansmar -great composition, well done.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

Hansmar, wonderful scene and use of the tower.

Horo, adbc, mermaid, NGartplay: My thanks!

edited June 2021

Another render from the 'pinball' scene, now with a wide-angle lens by Horo/David in front of the camera. I tried rendering with volumetric world and witout. Can you see which is which?

pinball1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 823K
    pinball1a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 838K

Hansmar : excellent image, I would say the second one with volumetric world enabled ?

Hansmar - both renders are well done. I think the second has Volumetric World enabled, the effect is subtle.

Hansmar - great image, I also say the second one has the volumetric world enabled.

adbc, Horo. Mermaid, thanks for the comments. Actually, the first one has the volumetric world option enabled. Indeed, the difference is small, but there is a bit more colour of the haze on the object.

Hansmar - ah, I should have known. Volumetric World enhances saturation a bit. The second with a bit lower saturation made the impression of more haze and that fooled me.

Hansmar - seems like we all made a mistake, because of the lower saturation, never used the volumetric world option, will try it one day.