FG Movie Room

Saw this in the store and thought "great, just what I've been meaning to build for myself - this will save me the trouble". Sadly, it is not everything I wished it to be.

Inspired by the item "Camera with Slider" I figured it would be posable - and therefore not unreasonable to expect things like the light rig to have posable lights. Unfortunately everything is a static prop and of no use if you're wanting to create your own movie set (some of the ceiling rig lights point parralel to the ceiling, negating their effect). Perhaps you could use them to build a movie set of a movie set if you had other posable lights...

So, product suggestion? Rig the lights. That is all.

Regards!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I would just use any set of my own choosing and other lights etc myself 

(there are others around)

but looking at that I am puzzled why they wouldn't just parent the lights to the rig etc so one could rotate, swap, translate etc everything 

• It would probably be possible to rig them in DS - Edit>Object>Rigging>Convert prop to Figure, then use the Joint Editor to add bones from the right-click menu and the Node Weight map Brush tool to weight the mesh (or even create groups and weight those) - you would not want smooth transitions, except with cables, so it should be fairly simple.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Richard Haseltine said:

It would probably be possible to rig them in DS - Edit>Object>Rigging>Convert prop to Figure, then use the Joint Editor to add bones from the right-click menu and the Node Weight map Brush tool to weight the mesh (or even create groups and weight those) - you would not want smooth transitions, except with cables, so it should be fairly simple.

Thanks Richard. It's not the 'how' that's the problem - it's the 'when' I can get round to it.