200 Plus Puppeteer Interface for Genesis 8 & 8.1 (Commercial)

2»

Comments

• Sevey13Sevey13 Posts: 9

sunstonepictures said:

Zev0 said:

Download the zip file. Extract and Copy paste it's contents into your content library. Make sure files go into the corresponding folders in your content library.

Finally got it working!  I'm still getting the script location error but the plugin loads into Puppeteer fine.   Super fun and super cool plugin! 

Question: What is the best way to save the new character and then retrieve it later?  I tried saving via puppeteer preset, but no luck...tried saving as a figure preset and then can't locate it in my Content. 

I'm also going to test it with DAZ Studio to Unreal Engine Bridge to see how it goes. 

Thanks and great job on a fantastic plugin!  Are you planning on blending textures and skins in the future?  That would be awesome - you'd be giving Character Creator 3 a run for the money. 

~Michael Ricks

I'm also getting this error. Before I start mucking around, is it because I don't have my content library installed on my C drive? Is the script looking for a directory there?

• Sevey13Sevey13 Posts: 9

Hearing no answer, I tried all the things you recommended (using the DAZ install manager, doing a manual install, etc.) and none of it worked, I kept getting the error when I attempted to open it in the content screen. However, I was able to open it using the Windows menu, and it appears to work just fine, no error.

• candesencandesen Posts: 0
    edited May 2021

the software did not work. the character is not working. Your tutorial video also does not load the first time. Please help. Thank you ..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hey there - I've installed this product three different ways as shown above. When I click on the script, I get an error of file does not exist. 

If I browse to the file location, I can see the script is there. When I double click on it, I get the window shown in the job aid. However, the window is empty.  I don't see the character's head represented as shown in the directions. With the window open, if I double click on the Apply shape, I get another error message stating the file doesn't exist - similar to the above error. But yet when I browse to the file location, it does.  So what am I doing wrong?

I tried to paste in screen shots but wasn't allowed to do so due to comment length restrictions.

• Hello! Id appreciate support regarding the tool. It was installed by Daz Central and it seems to be opening just fine. The problem is that it doesnt affect the Genesis 8 and 8.1 model at all. On preview mode/edit/render doesnt matter, just doesnt change anything on the model.

Thanks,

Z

daz_puppeteer_issue.JPG
    2539 x 925 - 276K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049

zabihassan02 said:

Hello! Id appreciate support regarding the tool. It was installed by Daz Central and it seems to be opening just fine. The problem is that it doesnt affect the Genesis 8 and 8.1 model at all. On preview mode/edit/render doesnt matter, just doesnt change anything on the model.

Thanks,

Z

You do have the 200 Plus morphs installed too?

• Richard Haseltine said:

zabihassan02 said:

Hello! Id appreciate support regarding the tool. It was installed by Daz Central and it seems to be opening just fine. The problem is that it doesnt affect the Genesis 8 and 8.1 model at all. On preview mode/edit/render doesnt matter, just doesnt change anything on the model.

Thanks,

Z

You do have the 200 Plus morphs installed too?

I have the same problem and after unnistall and install back it goes like this....

• Please don't post images of textured, nude figures - in this case you could have moved the dialogue box down to cover the breasts.

How did you install the product?

• MinerDaveMinerDave Posts: 16

OK so I watched the recent DAZ Studio Webinar, which raved about the use of Puppeteer to modify expressions.  Having a hard time getting a particular expression for an image I was working on, I took his advice and went and got 200 Plus Puppeteer Interface, which I think is what he was talking about, and which, from the way he whipped through the demo, would appear to solve my problem. 

Um! But what do I do with it? The user guide that I thought would step me through how it works is useless. The video doesn't tell me how to make it work either.  Is this yet another occasion where I have been snookered by a fast talking salesman into buying a product that I have to be a mind reader to be able to use?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Think you got puppeteer in general vs 200 Plus puppeteer addon mixed up. There are plenty of puppeteer tutorials on youtube. This product utilizes puppeteer to do face shaping, not expressions.

This is not a helpful reply.  Adequate customer service would have indicated which product I should have got, and which tutorial might have been helpful.  I went back to your page on DAZ and couldn't work out which one Jay used, and if I get interested in using the product again I could rewatch the Webinar again to see which it was, but since I have the same problem as others in not being able to get it to work, I have taken it off my main screen.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited June 2021

Do you have the required products? On the product page it is listed what is required to use this. The details section also describes exactly what this product does.

Capture.JPG
    1819 x 534 - 114K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited June 2021

MinerDave said:

This is not a helpful reply.  Adequate customer service would have indicated which product I should have got, and which tutorial might have been helpful.  I went back to your page on DAZ and couldn't work out which one Jay used, and if I get interested in using the product again I could rewatch the Webinar again to see which it was, but since I have the same problem as others in not being able to get it to work, I have taken it off my main screen.

Puppeteer is part of Daz Studio, you don't need anything further (except possibly the expressions you want to start from). This thread is about an optional, ease-of-use add-on for the 200 Plus morph set which makes use of Puppeterr; it isn't a change to the behaviour of the basic tool.

Ah, I think I misunderstood something.  Since the add-on was on the DAZ shop, I presumed that this was what Jay was talking about and did not realize that Puppeteer itself was an integral  part of DAZ Studio.  My apologies for wasting your time. (Though having reinstalled the morps I stll can't get the add-on to work, but since it already does what I was looking for I shall move on).

• tjm5635tjm5635 Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Zev0 said:

Live in Store

Promo video

https://vimeo.com/531491946

"Script not foune in expected directory" This is what I get when attempt to open Puppeteer. I have a G8F selected and installed through Daz Central. 

How do I fix this.  Please respond via email email removed Thanks

• tjm5635 said:

Zev0 said:

Live in Store

Promo video

https://vimeo.com/531491946

"Script not foune in expected directory" This is what I get when attempt to open Puppeteer. I have a G8F selected and installed through Daz Central. 

How do I fix this.  Please respond via email email removed Thanks

Email removed - we generally ask that people do not post emails, and in any event PAs do not usually provide direct one-on-one support, rather you should open a Support ticket and they will see if they can help you and contact the PA themsevles if they need further information.

Are you sure the Daz Central installation is working? Find the icon for the product in the Products tab of Smart Content - the view that lets you see lots of different products, each with its own icon. Does it have a downward pointing triangle in a broken circle at top-right of the thumbnail?

• no, it is fully installed. In fact each icon is duplicated. Duplicates seem to be a common thing in DAZ. And yes, I installed it through DAZ Central. Then in All Products I installed it and it no longer has the install or update arrow. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,524

tjm5635 said:

no, it is fully installed. In fact each icon is duplicated. Duplicates seem to be a common thing in DAZ. And yes, I installed it through DAZ Central. Then in All Products I installed it and it no longer has the install or update arrow. 

So, you have installed it twice, first with DAZ Central and then with DAZ Connect (within DS) - That is the problem as any and all DAZ Connect installed products are overriding any and all other installation methods.

DAZ Connect uses non-traditional path to install products and therefore can cause problems with scripts that expect to find files in traditional locations. You need to uninstall the DAZ Connect installed one the same way you installed it within DS.

The only reason to log in to DS is to use DAZ Connect to install products, if you are using DAZ Central, DIM or manual installation, DO NOT LOG IN to DS.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,190

PerttiA said:

tjm5635 said:

no, it is fully installed. In fact each icon is duplicated. Duplicates seem to be a common thing in DAZ. And yes, I installed it through DAZ Central. Then in All Products I installed it and it no longer has the install or update arrow. 

So, you have installed it twice, first with DAZ Central and then with DAZ Connect (within DS) - That is the problem as any and all DAZ Connect installed products are overriding any and all other installation methods.

DAZ Connect uses non-traditional path to install products and therefore can cause problems with scripts that expect to find files in traditional locations. You need to uninstall the DAZ Connect installed one the same way you installed it within DS.

The only reason to log in to DS is to use DAZ Connect to install products, if you are using DAZ Central, DIM or manual installation, DO NOT LOG IN to DS.

This is absolutely 100% true and extremely important. Listen to this advice and act on it!

• Ok so I uninstalled it from both DS and S Central. I reinstalled using only D Central. I seems to be working now. BUT it does show the install arrow/triangle on the DS icon. Just so you know... Thanks for your help. :-) wink

• tjm5635 said:

Ok so I uninstalled it from both DS and S Central. I reinstalled using only D Central. I seems to be working now. BUT it does show the install arrow/triangle on the DS icon. Just so you know... Thanks for your help. :-) wink

That's expected - the icon means it is available to install through Daz Connect (through Daz Studio itself) - when that icon isn't there it has been installed through daz Connect which can cause issues for some scripts.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,190
    edited October 2021

tjm5635 said:

Ok so I uninstalled it from both DS and S Central. I reinstalled using only D Central. I seems to be working now. BUT it does show the install arrow/triangle on the DS icon. Just so you know... Thanks for your help. :-) wink

That's expected - the icon means it is available to install through Daz Connect (through Daz Studio itself) - when that icon isn't there it has been installed through daz Connect which can cause issues for some scripts.

That's not completely accurate. When the user never logs in inside Daz Studio, products that are installed with DIM, and probably Daz Central, will not have the "available to be installed with Daz Connect" symbol on them. So one cannot assume that the absence of that symbol means the product has been installed with Daz Connect.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tjm5635 said:

That's not completely accurate. When the user never logs in inside Daz Studio, products that are installed with DIM, and probably Daz Central, will not have the "available to be installed with Daz Connect" symbol on them. So one cannot assume that the absence of that symbol means the product has been installed with Daz Connect.

True, but geneally if people have logged in through DS it's likely to be the case. A way to distinguish is to right-click on the product and see if it offers an Unistall command.

• Hello! I have a problem. Download the 200 pupeteer long ago. But it didnt work, so i left it. Now i need to use it and i was try to find out whats going on.
    I`ve tried to use Daz Central to unninstall and install again - didn`t work.

Install manager - didn`t work
    Zip File directly to shapes folder through library - didn`t 
    When I click on ot it`s "file doesn`t exist"
    So i drag and drop it on avatar and in pupeteer window i see parameters, but it`s not changing anything if i try to change it.

I`ve tried it with Genesis and Genesis 8.1 - but 0 result. 
    HOW TO MAKE THIS THING WORK?!

Снимок экрана (83).png
    1920 x 1080 - 857K
    Снимок экрана (82).png
    1920 x 1080 - 759K
  • multimagomultimago Posts: 0

mac user M1max (standard installation with predefined paths). after many unsuccessful attempts to install from DAZ3DIM (I have read other comments with problems similar to mine, the script to open the puppeter itnerface does not work) I started a manual installation. It doesn't work in the default folder, it works in a new shared folder, even if I can't find the assets in the main panel.

Questions:
    Has the developer tried the products on an M series mac? there are no specifications on the product page.
    Are products allowed in the store that do not work correctly with DAZ3DIM? .
    I have to work with this software and I have to quickly migrate my contents to new computers, using the DAZ3DIM license agreement.

thanks for the support