Moving Control Point And Not The Object

I'm trying to move various objects in my scene but all that moves is the control point and not the object. Not sure why this happens sometimes. And on a completely different note where are the HDRI files that come with Carrara I've searched my computer but nothing shows up.

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

I think your "control point" is usually referred to as the "hot point" in Carrara".  One way to move the hot point is to have the "Caps Lock" on.  

On the Carrara HDRI's, I also cannot find any, as the attached screen shot shows.  I hit the Find button in the file block and get the folders shown, none of which have HDRI's I think.  

Carrara HDRI.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 117K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2021

On the HDRIs, I'm not sure which ones came with Carrara and which ones I got separately.  The file with the HDR extension is often in a folder in the texture tree.  For example, I have some HDR files in

Carrara 8.5 \ Presets \ Textures \ DimensionTheory \ Cloud Nine

that came with a product by Dimension Theory.

Do you know the names of the files you are interested in?  I might be able to find where they are on my machine because I install most things with DIM.

EDIT:  On the hot point, I agree with SteveK.  Check to see if you have CAPSLOCK turned on.  If so, turn it off.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks. I gotta rebind that. I'm going through philw's realistic rendering course on oreily and it sounds like some hrdi files from dosch where included with carrara. If I misunderstood no big deal I got some free ones from hdri haven. I was just trying to match the tutorial as close as possible by having the same image he used.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Four of the Carrara HDR's, including the Dosch file, are in the Carrara 8.5>Scenes>Global Illumination folder on your C drive (assuming that is where you have Carrara installed).

At least, I'm pretty sure they are all there natively.  It's been a while. :)

There is a 5th HDR - OM_Kitchen - but don't remember where it is installed.

• Thanks UnifiedBrain I got em.