DSON Trashed

TastigerTastiger Posts: 76

I am a QA tester for another site so I have several versions of Poser installed, up until yesterday I had DSON working fine on Poser 9, Poser Pro 2012, Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014.

It has suddenly stopped working on all platforms with the error shown below - (also see image)

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xed in position 19: unexpected end of data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "I:\Poser Runtimes\DSON_Genesis\runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Aiko 6.py", line 2, in
dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] );
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

I have tried everything I can think of - uninstalling from all and reinstall but now I can't even get it to work on a single Poser installation.

All my Poser installs are up to date, I have the latest drivers installed and my system specs are as follows:-

Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760,
Windows 8.1 Pro X64

Only strange thing I noticed is regardless of where the Poser install is (eg I:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014) the DSON installer dumps a new directory at :-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\uninstall

This directory contains :-
Remove-DSONImporterforPoser.dat
Remove-DSONImporterforPoser.exe

Any ideas on why this has suddenly happened?
Update:- also it seems that at least one other person is having the same issue

DSON_error.jpg
400 x 300 - 21K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449
    edited December 1969

Is this while loading the Aiko 6 preset only, or does it come up with other files? If it's only Aiko 6, have you tried reinstalling that?

• TastigerTastiger Posts: 76
    edited October 2014

Is this while loading the Aiko 6 preset only, or does it come up with other files? If it's only Aiko 6, have you tried reinstalling that?

Nope - any DSON file causes the same issue

DSON_error2.jpg
    400 x 300 - 23K
    Post edited by Tastiger on
    edited December 1969

How about a different figure - the base Genesis 2 Male or the original Genesis?

edited December 1969

Male variations and original Genesis appear OK - I will download and reinstall Genesis 2 female and see what happens

edited December 1969

Reinstall Genesis 2 female didn't fix it I'm not certain where to go from here - should I be looking for anything specific in the log file?

edited December 1969

It could well be a morph or character file, all of the morphs get loaded - and so can potentially cause an error - as the base loads. Yes, look to see if there's mention of a specific morph (\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\...) causing an issue.

• edited December 1969

I realize this is an old issue, but it started happening to me today too. Where do I look to see where the morphs are mentioned? There is nothing in the python results, is there an error log listed somewhere else?

edited December 1969

I realize this is an old issue, but it started happening to me today too. Where do I look to see where the morphs are mentioned? There is nothing in the python results, is there an error log listed somewhere else?

Yes there is an error file or log file to be correct - mine is at

C:\Users\____\AppData\Roaming\3D\DsonPoser\log.txt

In the end my issue was a figure that was a freebie I got from somewhere and it referenced in the data folder a morph from a figure I didn't have so it affected all Genesis 2 females.

• edited December 1969

Thanks! Did not know about that file!

• for it happens with any figure. even the plain base figure without anything added not it. my opinion dson importer is useless. just thrown together to satisfy Poser users
  • for me it happens with any figure. even the plain base figure without anything added not it. my opinion dson importer is useless. just thrown together to satisfy Poser users
  • What happens? An error? An empty scene? What version of Poser? What platform?

• emotionaldreams2emotionaldreams2 Posts: 141
    edited October 2015

What happens? An error? An empty scene? What version of Poser? What platform?

What happens? An error? An empty scene? What version of Poser? What platform?

hi. it doenst mater which file. they all do it unfortunately. this is the message with G2F. it DOES load but every time i load something to the scene i get an error before it loads it does not act right. for example transfer active morphs script doest work property when i need to fix the clothes or it can not find a file to load it correctly even though it loads and even though i know the file is there. something would be missing on the character this is a sample message from loading the default G2F body: Traceback (most recent call last): File "M:\SMITH MICRO\PoserPro 2014\GENESIS 1 & 2\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis 2 Base Female.py", line 2, in dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] ); SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call Traceback (most recent call last): File "M:\SMITH MICRO\PoserPro 2014\GENESIS 1 & 2\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis 2 Base Female.py", line 2, in dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] ); SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call Poser Pro 2014 10.0.5 28445
    Post edited by emotionaldreams2 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Where do you have "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials" (not the PoserCF) installed?

• for it happens with any figure. even the plain base figure without anything added not it. my opinion dson importer is useless. just thrown together to satisfy Poser users

Remember even if you are loading the plain figure, if you have other Genesis 2 figures installed it will load all the morphs from those as well.

• Where do you have "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials" (not the PoserCF) installed?

in My Library folder
  • Tastiger said:
    for it happens with any figure. even the plain base figure without anything added not it. my opinion dson importer is useless. just thrown together to satisfy Poser users

Remember even if you are loading the plain figure, if you have other Genesis 2 figures installed it will load all the morphs from those as well.

really/ well i got multiple characters installed.
  • Check the log files and it should tell you what it is trying to load and if it could not find something.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Is the Runtime inside My Library set as a Runtime folder in Poser?

• Is the Runtime inside My Library set as a Runtime folder in Poser?

u mean added to my Poser library menu with the rest? yes. i also have all my runtiness added to daz studio library too . i use both runtimes for both programs
  • Tastiger said:

Check the log files and it should tell you what it is trying to load and if it could not find something.

its usually a morph or soemthing
  • but the character does load. just might be missing something. what i dont know. cause it looks normal