Thriller Video: dancing skeletons

WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I got a new computer so finally got around to using the Chiller Dance Moves aniBlocks to create a video. Inspired by Ray Harryhausen's skeleton fight from 1963's Jason and the Argonauts. I welcome your comments. It was fun trying to figure out how to animate the fog [which I then also did for the fire] using iMovie.

The video is on YouTube at http://youtu.be/yKowsXuvth4

Thiller_small.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 660K

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

good one - like you did the fog and dance

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    good one - like you did the fog and dance

Thanks, the fog was an interesting challenge as iMovie only allows combining two movie files on top of each other, so I hAd to do may sets of paired ken burns effect ping files.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

you think you are allowed to take the music for it ?
    if you are in bad luck it costs you a lot of money

edited December 1969

ruphuss said:
    you think you are allowed to take the music for it ?
    if you are in bad luck it costs you a lot of money

You raise an interesting point. First, my use is non-commercial in that I do not make any money from it. Secondly, YouTube advised that in light of the fact there is another rights holder, it will put advertising on the video and the rights holder will earn income from my video. So, I think this is a very good business model for the rights holder as they make extra income and keep the music alive without any extra work. As I understand it, YouTube has a way for the rights holder to ban the use if it wanted, so in answer to your question, I think promoting the song in this way is allowed under these circumstances, yes.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194
    edited December 1969

Very good, a nice tribute to the original and pretty spooky, too. Here is another favorite of mine (54 million views):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

The above show that the ban on use of the music has been lifted by the owner ... except in Germany :coolhmm:

Just to mention it, I had a discussion with Rockstar's (Grand Theft Auto, etc.) tech support about using captured game footage in short videos. They said the general policy was "fan videos" were OK, as long as no one is making any money. There are a LOT of those on YouTube.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Very good, a nice tribute to the original and pretty spooky, too. Here is another favorite of mine (54 million views):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

The above show that the ban on use of the music has been lifted by the owner ... except in Germany :coolhmm:

Just to mention it, I had a discussion with Rockstar's (Grand Theft Auto, etc.) tech support about using captured game footage in short videos. They said the general policy was "fan videos" were OK, as long as no one is making any money. There are a LOT of those on YouTube.

Thanks for the link, pretty amazing video!