Coming soon!!! "The P.U.G." [Commercial]

Tony GrantTony Grant Posts: 112
edited October 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

The Outer Rim PUGs are two place utility vehicles that can fly, run and defend! A fun transition model between reality and fiction.

image.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 402K
image.jpg
960 x 480 - 106K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

glought said:
    The Outer Rim PUGs are two place utility vehicles that can fly, run and defend! A fun transition model between reality and fiction.

Sold!

Credit card standing by...

-- Walt Sterdan

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Those look pretty cool. Do they have pilot poses included for m6/v6?

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

From the shape and look a marine variant would be a nice add-on.

• Tony GrantTony Grant Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I didn't include any poses for this one. "I need to start doing this" but
    It's a basic lay back and enjoy the sun pose. M6 and V6 fit quite will in the seats with just a little dial tweaking.

The Lift Jet has pad retracts, rotating jets and shielding and two sets of poseable arms.
    The Land Strider is setup for animation down to its toes so I hope you have some fun with both!!

Quick concept story.
    When walking or running the idea was to keep the command station level as much as possible and let the legs absorb all the shock. For me they were also autonomous and linked to one pilot and or gunner. It wasn't uncommon to see one weak up, run off or take off by its self to go looking for the crew. (Scary sight!!)

Ikyoto
    This is from a story I did a few years back. The pugs never had a need to go under water but this is a good idea for one!
    The Lift Jet would be a good subject and some new arm attachments for it also. Let me see what I can do for you. :)

• The_MomsterThe_Momster Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Sweet! Mine!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Great work! And using it for underwater and outer space renders is precisely what It thought of when I first saw it. :) Was actually in need of something like that for a maintenance drone in a project I'm working on, which made this very timely.

The only thing I would have suggested is to have made it one product with interchangeable legs/engine pods and arms/guns, as I could see the legged version being used for construction sites (possibly with optional forklift(s)).

And I love those little underslung articulated gun turrets... Very nicely done.

edited December 1969

Glad you like it!!
    I do have a few more arm attachments for both and will have to put them in a add-on. Didn't know if anyone would want it all.
    Chainsaw arm for cutting trees. A bucket loader arm. Saw and drill arm.
    The Sea Pug is in the works. :)

"For posing the pilot and co-pilot I used both DAZ "The WASP" and Kibarreto "Future Car Genesis driver" poses to start."
    Both work well.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2014

Got the LJ. Lookin' Forward to the "P.U.G.Bubbler".
    BTW- the P.U.G is now an "universal" in my script/graphic novel. I'm putting it in even as a verb! "Just get out there. pug on over to the station and see what you can fix!"
    ps- wingless, armless version makes a great escape pod/short range space transport as well! This figure has LOTS of potential! Gotta make some textures now... need a yellow version, and a blue... Red alone won't do... gotta play.

P.U_.G_.pod_05_november_2014_1441_.jpg
    322 x 292 - 47K
    Post edited by Ikyoto on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited November 2014

glought said:
    Glad you like it!!
    I do have a few more arm attachments for both and will have to put them in a add-on. Didn't know if anyone would want it all.
    Chainsaw arm for cutting trees. A bucket loader arm. Saw and drill arm.

Oh, all those sound excellent! Will each tool have both a left and right arm option, so that we can mount two at the same time or pick and choose which arm has what?

I'd suggest a cutting laser, but that's pretty much taken care of with the two miniature gun turrets. :) Hmm... Maybe one with a suction cup at the end? I know NASA was thinking of that as an easy way to hold flat surfaces in the vacuum of space and I'd imagine that would work for underwater, too.

Possibly a vacuum hoover... I could see that being used for renders where it needs to take soil samples on an alien world. Or a spray tool, too: For use with pesticide spray and car wash!

Something else which just occurred to me: A couple of lengthy 'beds' to place either side of the cockpit, on the outside. That could allow all version of the PUG to look like they're used for medical evacuation, then (and search and rescue).

The Sea Pug is in the works. :)

Fabulous! What are the main differences to the flying 'drone' PUG?

I'm guessing lateral and forward water jets, maybe a periscope and other extendable communications gear (you'll notice modern submarines have a whole cluster of things which telescope above the surface, these days, not just the periscope), but couldn't guess at what else. The last I heard, 'even underwater 'bullets' are now becoming feasible (for those who're interested, it has to do with the principle of supercavitation and having each round project a 'jacket' of air around itself).

Between this and the helicopter, you've joined the leagues of Petipet, DZ Fire and Stonemason, as a must-watch vehicle creation vendor, for me!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone!!
    Sorry it took a while to get back. (I'm trying to get a project done before DEC.)
    I didn't think the PUG would take off but i see that i'll be doing a lot more with it.
    Not sure if i will be able to get them out before the end of this year but 2015 for sure.

"I love your ideas and suggestions here and the gears are turning. :)"

edited December 1969

Xenomorphine

You opened the door to a whole new world for the PUGs.
    i'm also looking at a underwater transport of sorts. I'm a big UFO fan and it may look something like the old Sky Diver sub with a access bay where sky 1 would be. "Still an idea"
    The "Thor drop ship "Iron Claw" did the job for the Land Strider"
    I'm going to be busy with this one. :)

edited December 1969

Ikyoto

Good to see you are having fun with it.
    If you post it online you have to let me see it!!! :) It makes my day to see that i helped someone complete a story!!