Rethinking DIM and Daz product Library

With several Daz products avalibe from guides to scripts from such creators as RiverSoft Art, ManFriday Digital Art Live and others one has to ask why hasn't Daz tried to incorporate these types of processes into the Daz install Manager (DIM) via application of webpage tools that could be added in the product library from our Daz accounts?

There will always be Daz and 3rd party generated content and such powerful tools as Content Wizard, Turbo Content, &  Mastering Daz Studio Content are quite helpful in keeping such content organized.

Imagine if creators who uploaded content be it a single item or bundle though the metadata file could have all that  product prearranged for consumers to download and go into all specified folders automatically, pretagged etc before install via DIM by check boxes etc. I mean we already do that on an elementry level. I'm not explaining this very well, Maybe someone who gets the jest of my statement could expand on it as this is just a general idea anyways.

For example say you just want these shoes from a bundle but don't want to download the whole thing, login into daz account, go into your product library, locate your bundle, be able to "expand" the bundle select the shoes, click a few check boxes for tags such as G8F, G7F, shoes, heels, (optional check box for smart content window), select which folder(s) it goes to then cue for download and DIM takes over.  Something like that.

Also Give your product library optional functionality such as the ability to find older content then offer to update it from the older file format to newer, once again I know there are scripts and such but why is Daz not already implimenting this? This should be a default question when installing to your harddrive by now.

Well that's my 2 cents what do you think?

Sincerely,

Jacob

Comments

• CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168
    edited March 2021

The Daz Product Library is a bit outdated and could really use some LOVE. It would be nice if the filter system had multipule options other than just basic word search. There is so much stuff I've found in there that I'd forgotten I'd purchased a while back that would have been helpful or fun to use in a project, but due to how the Orginal creator named the product, verses what its functionality caused it to never poped up on the search results. I'm just asking for a bit more in dynamic catagories to help sort out the products as well as including a visual up date would be nice.

Sincerely,

Jacob

Post edited by Cheetahka on
  • Merged threads