BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Autumn Edition◄◄◄ WE HAVE WINNERS

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

#31 Soft Sculpture This image is in tribute to Salvador Dali who introduced me to another way of looking at things.Title: “Soft Sculpture With Over-Ripe Fruit: Consideration of The Law of Gravity, With an Emerging New World”

Soft_sculpture_Gravity.jpg
    960 x 720 - 567K
    edited November 2014

# 32 Stargazing A tribute to astronomers and dreamers.

stargazing(tu).jpg
    900 x 500 - 163K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2014

#33 Tribute to David and Horo I also would like to post this tribute to David and Horo, thanks for making bryce that little bit easier to use for everyone

Tribute_to_David_and_Horo.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 227K
    edited November 2014

#34 tribute to Mark Rothko At first, I had no idea what or whom to tribute. But I decided on this one: I must be out of my mind to do a 3D version of a 2D painting, while I was an amateur painter years before I started on 3D (and still paint regularly). But, I wanted to see how I could, more or less, recreate the very living textures of the large colour fields painted by Rothko.

tribute_to_Mark_Rothko.jpg
    695 x 695 - 225K
    edited November 2014

#35 Tribute to Science a tribute to science

Tribute_to_science.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 214K
    edited November 2014

#36 Tribute to the lightbulb a tribute to the light bulb which is disappearing.

Tribute_to_the_lightbulb.jpg
    975 x 487 - 60K
    edited November 2014

#37 Under the Sea a tribute to the worlds ocean’s

Under_The_Sea.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 121K
    edited December 1969

#38 Villa castle 1 I would like to pay tribute the European/Hungarian Castles with this one.

Villa-Castle_x107_.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 599K
    edited December 1969

#39 Villa castle 2 a tribute to European Castles

Villa-Castle_x128.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 480K
    edited December 1969

And the winners this time are

1st place #21 MK II Jaguar StuartB4
    2nd place #35 Tribute to science Tim Bateman
    3rd place #11 Daughter of the Forest chohole

HM #31 Soft Sculpture mtnmen
    HM #25 Old Street yellow Pen
    HM #33 Back from the Woods c-ram

edited November 2014

A couple of the judges did give some feedback on why they chose the images they did

#31 Title: “Soft Sculpture With Over-Ripe Fruit: Consideration of The Law of Gravity, With an Emerging New World” I like the fact that as soon as you see it you know it is a tribute to Dali.

#36 Title: “Tribute to the Lightbulb” I like the colors and complexity of layers and light within the image.

#33 Title: “Tribute to David and Horo” This one is just beautiful. I want to live there.

#5 Title: “Bryce Rocks” The framing of this image is what makes it interesting.

#13 Title: “Escher Space” The math has me fascinated with this one

#6 Title: “Bryce controls” I like the simplicity, the lighting, the control of color.

_____________________________________________________________________________

#19 Kasei Valles: Works beautifully as a tribute and as a landscape in its own right. Interesting features and believably realistic alien lighting and sky.
    #21 MK11 Jaguar: Impressive photorealism…looks good enough to drive!
    #35 Tribute to Science: The light and shadow are beautiful and captivating, and it’s a great tribute as well

#31 Soft Sculpture: Maybe the best interpretation of the theme among all entries; more than just a mimicry of Dali’s visual style, this also seems to capture some of his wit and subtlety.
    #33 Tribute to David and Horo: Such a dramatic landscape…beautiful work!
    #11 Daughter of the Forest: color scheme, pose, composition all complement each other well…hauntingly beautiful, melancholy render

While I didn’t find room for it in my top 6, I also wanted to mention #5 Bryce Rocks, which had really interesting framing and color scheme…I was very impressed with the composition

AS always it was a difficult challenge for the judges Had 16 images after the first set of voting, had to bring in a guest judge (one of the Gallery Mods) to help sort it out as there were numerous ties. Did eventually get it down to 6.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,052
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners. Very well deserved.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

congratulations to all the winners, and also to every entry in this challenge they all deserved to be winners in my opinion ...fantastic work from everyone, a big thank you to the judges of this challenge...it must have been a hard one to judge! :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and HMs. All the entries were extremely nice.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,193
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all winners, the HMs, and also to all participants. Not an easy one for the judges but well done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners, HM's and all participants.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Wow! 1st. Thank you so much. I really didn't expect that.
    We all enter to win, but it's still a nice surprise when we do.
    I would hate to be a judge in one of these challenges, there are so many excellent renders.
    My congratulations to all winners and HM's.
    :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Yeah, well done all...the works entered seem to be getting better each theme.

Jay

edited December 1969

Stuart you have the honour of choosing the theme for the next edition of the Challenge. I forgot to add that before. oops :red:

It will be the Winter challenge and run till the end of December, but don't let that influence you particularly. Whatever you feel would be a good theme.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,068
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all winners, the HMs, and to all participants.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Well done to everyone, again the standard just keeps getting betterer and betterer. :-)

Looking forward to having a bit more time to dedicate to the next one.

edited December 1969

@Chohole.

Stuart you have the honour of choosing the theme for the next edition of the Challenge.

Thanks. As it's the winter challenge how about Fire and Ice.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @Chohole.
    Stuart you have the honour of choosing the theme for the next edition of the Challenge.

Thanks. As it's the winter challenge how about Fire and Ice.

That sounds good. Anything special you want to add to the rules, or just the default ones?

edited December 1969

Nothing special, default rules are fine.
    Anything from a fire in an igloo to a whiskey on the rocks. :)

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Yes congrats to all... and StuartB... what an excellent render... a well deserved winner...
    Fire and Ice sounds like a fun one...
    Thanks to everyone who make these challenges so... Challenging...

And I would like to thank the judges for their great comments on my Dali entry...
    Steve

edited December 1969

@mtnmen.
    Thanks very much.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Nice work, everyone, and congratulations to the winners!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the third rank in honorable mention! Congrats goes to the winners of this challenge and many thanks to all participants.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Great work everybody! Congrats to the winners for this month. It's interesting to get a little insight into just what inspires and impresses fellow Brycers enough to make them create a tribute to something or someone that they consider special.

Fire and Ice, eh? Not that awful animated film from the '80s, is it? Let's hope not...should be interesting, especially for all those abstract artists out there.

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! I look forward to seeing, and learning from, the submissions to Fire and Ice. :-)