Daz Studio to Unreal

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to Daz3D and 3D modeling in general, so bare with me. I'm sure I'm asking a question that has been asked over and over but I'm not seeing a definite answer and so I figure I'll ask anyways. 
I'm trying to export a 3D model gorilla that I've purchased from the Daz Store to my UE Project and have a couple morph target parameters. Goal being using the Unreal Live Link Face App to control the Gorilla's face. It's a Gen 8 Male so it should be able to export. However when I try to export any morph parameters Unreal crashes. 
I am using the Daz to Unreal Plugin and it works just fine with everything else, but as soon as I add a Morph. It crashes. Is there something I'm missing or a process I can do to do this more effectively? Any input is appreciated.

My version of  Daz studio is 4.15 Pro
My Version of Unreal Is 4.26.1

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

marcuskotarski said:

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to Daz3D and 3D modeling in general, so bare with me. I'm sure I'm asking a question that has been asked over and over but I'm not seeing a definite answer and so I figure I'll ask anyways. 
    I'm trying to export a 3D model gorilla that I've purchased from the Daz Store to my UE Project and have a couple morph target parameters. Goal being using the Unreal Live Link Face App to control the Gorilla's face. It's a Gen 8 Male so it should be able to export. However when I try to export any morph parameters Unreal crashes. 
    I am using the Daz to Unreal Plugin and it works just fine with everything else, but as soon as I add a Morph. It crashes. Is there something I'm missing or a process I can do to do this more effectively? Any input is appreciated.

My version of  Daz studio is 4.15 Pro
    My Version of Unreal Is 4.26.1

if it have the "dforce hair" remove it, it can be what is crashing it, dforce hair is a "daz only system" which can't be used outside daz, then you must remove it from the character to be able to export it, also others stuffs like "fibermesh or strand based(too much high poly hairs) can also make it crash or have huge perfomance issues, then avoid it too. 

• Sorry about the delayed response, got a lot going on.
    Should I do a different method to include those?

• metasidemetaside Posts: 175

marcuskotarski said:

Sorry about the delayed response, got a lot going on.
    Should I do a different method to include those?

Unreal has an internal hair groom system. Some stuff such as Maya X-Gen can be converted but I don't think that's the case for dForce hair.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

unfortuantelly unless the bridge creator find a way to convert the dforce hair/fur into the groom hair system (which also works on blender, maya and others stuffs) or convert it into actually polygons is really impossible to export it to unreal, as metaside told you other option is use the unreal groom hair system it's not complicate if you have basic knowledge in blender or maya or other 3d sculpt program which have the system, you can make yourself it, it's not complicate or hard it's really simple it's just some time consume specially in the case of the full body as the creature ask

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unreal+engine+4+groom+hair+tutorial

here you can find some "tutorials showing how to do it in both maya and blender, this is why i've aways say don't use daz for they "hairs", daz hairs are terrible for real time render, game or animation or because of the dforce system or because they use a very high demanding poly count (fibermesh or strand based), use daz for "characters(without any hair, facial or body hair unless it is a geoshell texture), outfits or pose or animations and proprs, come for hair(excluding some old hairs which where low poly at last compared with new hairs and even old hairs), fur or stuffs like that is just wasting of money at last for now.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

Whats the go with FBX smoothing groups?, how do i enable this in the FBX exporter plugin, it keeps telling me this when i move props from daz3d to unreal.

Also after throwing some pieces into unreal as a test i have noticed you have to convert each prop alone you can't just export a whole scene, things like doors or moving parts have to be exported seperately, if you export as one piece in some cases it will port the entire scene with all doors acting like walls static in place with no operation or it won't port any of the mesh at all just the textures.

I watched a youtube not long ago where one of the unreal dev's was porting whole scenes into unreal something when i try to do it only seems to export the textures no matter what setting i choose, only indiviual props & chararcters with outfits seem to work but with issues like this FBX Smoothing groups option that needs to be enabled yet no one tells you where to enable this feature in the FBX plugin which i assume is in the DAZ3D editor.