Menu Bug

Zach WilsonZach Wilson Posts: 92
edited March 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Does this happen to anyone else. Everytime I minimize then maximize Carrara the selection tools, test render, pan and zoom move up from the bottom and reposition beside the translate tools (and sometimes the selection tools disapear all together). I'm running an older Windows 10 laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640m driver 25.21.14.2531

Carrara - Tool Bar Bug.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Zach Wilson on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited March 2021

yes

especially on my Win7 without a graphics card but it does it on my Win10 with the 980ti too

especially after hair or physics sims

switching to render room and back can fix it

just changing views and or rooms in general can

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

This has never happened to me.  Then again, I never use the quad view (if that is related).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

not quad view for me, just randomly any time

• I went into preferences>general>full screen mode and turned it on and that seems to have fixed it for now at least. While see how it goes tommorrow.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I've had full screen mode ticked for years now and have never had said problem smiley

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

I haven't had that one specifically, but I sometimes get random menu or redraw glitches that are fixed by switching from software to openGL or vice versa. I can always switch it back right away and it's no problem. Its kinda like flipping normals back and forth after a series of operations to make your model render correctly.