3D printing, finally

ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I hope the EULA covers creating figures with the new 3D printer ;-)
(http://www.daz3d.com/printers)

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Too bad it doesn't also come with a baseball bat.

"PC load letter! What the **** does that mean? "

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Grabbed that set soon as I saw it for sure.........there's even a blue light strip where the paper goes on the big printer.......nice job Valandar!!!!!!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,890
    edited December 1969

I am certain the EULA allows virtual 3D printing in 2D renders, any most would be printing guns not DAZ figurines.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I somehow doubt that last remark Wendy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27634626

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2014

Past discussions I have seen on the subject is that 3D printing is essentially exporting the mesh, which may well violate the EULA.

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
    edited November 2014

Past discussions I have seen on the subject is that 3D printing is essentially exporting the mesh, which may well violate the EULA.

Have you checked the link in the first post :question: :coolgrin: Even I bought one.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,540
    edited December 1969

Getting something done by Shapeways or similar requires sending them a file that contains some derived form of the mesh. That is what the eula is trying to prevent, not the actual 3d object.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited November 2014

pwiecek said:

Getting something done by Shapeways or similar requires sending them a file that contains some derived form of the mesh. That is what the eula is trying to prevent, not the actual 3d object.

Although for the point of this particular thread's topic, the initial link in the OP's post should really be looked at. ;)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • throttlekittythrottlekitty Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

Although for the point of this particular thread's topic, the initial link in the OP's post should really be looked at. ;)

So you're saying it's ok if we print our own EULA's in D|S? ;)

edited December 1969

No I think we are saying that now you can print your own 3D printer, in 2D :coolgrin:

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,740
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    I hope the EULA covers creating figures with the new 3D printer ;-)
    (http://www.daz3d.com/printers)

Can it print a copy of itself?

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Nice 3D Printer model! (and the other printers, too!).

Now if I had a 3D Printer I could print a 3D printer. Recursive 3D. Or not? is that what this Eula discussion centers on?

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Nice 3D Printer model! (and the other printers, too!).

Now if I had a 3D Printer I could print a 3D printer. Recursive 3D. Or not? is that what this Eula discussion centers on?

You need to create a 3D Big Bang first...or 3D God(s) if that is your cup of tea.