Poser pro 2014 Dev edition Motionbuilder to poser animation test

Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Playing around with the new fbx import feature in Poser Pro 2014 dev edition:

http://www.kkstudio.us/cc/conejo.mp4

3d Universe rabbit exported to fbx via Daz Studio to Motionbuilder 2014.. motion capture file with finger animation applied from a 12 camera Optitrack Flex13 mocap system. Secondary motion on ears, chain on glasses and tie done with relational constraints and plotted back to the figure.

The whole scene was then imported into Poser Pro 2014 dev edition via fbx.. figure comes thru with all texturing and animation applied.

I also played with exporting just the animation and applying it to the native poser figure.. which also worked well (but not as well as importing the whole thing).. but performed infinitely better than importing a bvh file (which did not bring in the secondary animation of the ears, tie and chain plus did some very strange things)

Importing the whole figure brought in all the morphs so additional animation could be done on the face, eyes, etc, etc.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with how well it works

Comments

• Xavier LeggettXavier Leggett Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

You SHOULD be Happy with that animation, looks pretty darn good. I've haven't dug too deeply with the animation features of Poser, Watching your video has inspired me to take a further look into what Poser has to offer--it's just hard to break the 'Aniblock' habit.

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Thanks Raptor29!

The test was not so much of the animation capabilities of Poser (which I do like by the way, much better than the aniblocks.. but that is because I"m used to its quirks), but more of the fbx import, which is new in Poser.. and by experience, when they first introduce features, some don't work that well, which is why I'm very pleased on how well this one does. They also introduced kinect capture within this version.. which I might try later on.. just to see how it compares with other kinect mocap products I've tried (and of which I'm not impressed.. but that is because I'm biased.. I'm an OptiTrack mocap distributor)

there are some companies.. professional ones, that utilize Poser for all their animation.. one of which is Rooster Teeth, the makers of RWBY and Red vs Blue.. you should check them out.. that is inspiring! :)

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more