Anyone else have this problem with their wshlist and cart?

robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Two months ago (to the day), I had moved Spanish Rose -- Jardin de Sevilla from my wishlist to my cart. Then I realized that it's a Platinum Club item and I'm a club member, so it just might be on sale during the club anniversary, so I moved it back to my wishlist.

Today, it went on sale, so I went to my wishlist and clicked on "Add to Cart". My cart was completely empty from a purchase yesterday. I got the "The maximum allowed for purchase is 1" error. I added Spanish Rose -- Los Azahares Jardin to my cart and went to the cart - no Spanish Rose -- Jardin de Sevilla.

I had to go to the Spanish Rose -- Jardin de Sevilla catalog page, click on the wishlist link there to remove it from my wishlist altogether, then add it to my cart from the product page in order to be able to buy it.

Could this glitch possibly be related to the hack that somebody made to not take items off the wishlist when they're moved into the cart? I never had this sort of trouble before that so-called "feature" was implemented.

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited November 2014

I've had it happen to me and. I don't think it is really a glitch. What seems to be happening is that (although no longer shown) the quantity in the wishlist can be greater than one (if you inadvertently wishlisted it more than once). Then when you try to add it to the cart you get the maximum quantity error. Then in order to add it to the cart you either have to go to the item product page and add from there. OR reduce the wiehlist quantity by deleting it from the wishlist and add it over again.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

New store, same ol' problem. Add a second item to the cart then both appear. Remove unwanted item.

Happened to me with the new poses product advertized for free to PC in the newsletter. Signed in, put it in cart, product page claimed it was in cart, but shopping cart was empty. There is apparently no way to remove an "in cart" item from your cart from the product page when it really isn't in there according to the shopping cart. Once another item was added then all items appeared in the cart and I could keep or remove as desired.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Not quite, Patience, this is a different glitch, and I've been getting it recently as well.

It's different in that moving something back and forth between wishlist and cart is enough to cause the error. It's because things aren't moved out of the wishlist any more, they're copied into the cart. "Moving" something back into the wishlist seems to leave a "phantom" entry in the cart, which is enouigh to count as having it still in the cart when you try to move it back.

I tried to tell Support this still wasn't fixed a couple of months ago. I eventually gave up trying.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I've had it happen to me and. I don't think it is really a glitch. What seems to be happening is that (although no longer shown) the quantity in the wishlist can be greater than one (if you inadvertently wishlisted it more than once). Then when you try to add it to the cart you get the maximum quantity error. Then in order to add it to the cart you either have to go to the item product page and add from there. OR reduce the wiehlist quantity by deleting it from the wishlist and add it over again.

Charlie

We used to be able to see how many copies were wishlisted, before they removed that functionality...
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay SpottedKitty, ... well the old still exists then 'cause it wasn't on my wishlist at first, ... however for the new store, why not, new & improved glitches lol ...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited December 1969

Not quite, Patience, this is a different glitch, and I've been getting it recently as well.

It's different in that moving something back and forth between wishlist and cart is enough to cause the error. It's because things aren't moved out of the wishlist any more, they're copied into the cart. "Moving" something back into the wishlist seems to leave a "phantom" entry in the cart, which is enouigh to count as having it still in the cart when you try to move it back.

I tried to tell Support this still wasn't fixed a couple of months ago. I eventually gave up trying.

Rather than creating a 'phantom entry' in the cart which would probably prevent it from being entered in the cart from the product page as well as the wishlist, I think moving it back to the wishlist increases the quantity in the wishlist. Then the next time you try to put it in the cart from the wishlist you get the maximum quantity error.

Charlie

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

OK, now I'm getting the same flavour of cart glitch as Patience — put the new Raw figure into my cart... nothing. It doesn't seem to matter any more whether something's gone into the cart by way of the wishlist. Hope this gets fixed soon. >:(