Problems of "Journeyer Scout for M4"

marchell0023marchell0023 Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When I use "Journeyer Scout for M4" in Poser,
I find the Katana is untextured, and since it's a object not a figure, I couldn't Mat it.

Is there any solutions???

Comments

• Jonathan BJonathan B Posts: 114
    edited November 2014

Looking at the files, in the Pose Library for Journeyer Scout, there is a MAT_M4H4JourneyerScout -> !Celtic Katana.pz2 which seems to apply the basic texture settings/image maps to the katana. There is also a !Royal Katana.pz2.

I can't completely confirm this since I am not at a machine where I have Poser or Studio installed, but this is in the latest version of the package that I just downloaded from my products.

Post edited by Jonathan B on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2014

All I can suggest is a support ticket to technical support, stating that there appears to be no texture map for the katana, and that the included mat pose is not working.

Unless as jmbeach suggests, there is an updated version of the download file.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2014

I just had a chance to look at this on my machine using Poser. While the PZ2 files in the Pose -> MAT_M4H4JourneyerScout do apply the material textures to the other items in the set (like the pants), they do not seem to work for applying the textures to the katana prop. The provided DSB files for Studio seem to work fine to apply textures.

I checked the files from the Poser Runtime (which was installed in 2009) with the files from my Studio Runtime (which is on another PC and installed last year) and the two PZ2 files for texturing the katana are identical between the two Runtimes.

This may be either an issue with the PZ2 file or possibly something in the way that Poser works. You might want to try adding "in Poser" to the subject line to see if someone who is more familiar with that program can give some advice for applying a texture pose to a prop. (I typically use Studio and I am not very familiar with the ins and outs of Poser).

Post edited by Jonathan B on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ISTR Poser requires a figure to be in the scene for .pz2 mats to work.

edited December 1969

I did some checking and I was finally able to get the PZ2 MAT file to apply to the Journeyer Scout Katana using Poser. Based on a thread titled "How to make a MAT Pose file" on the forums at the RuntimeDNA site, I edited my !Celtic Katana.pz2 file and changed the line "prop JScoutKatana" to "actor $CURRENT".

Then with the katana parented to M4 in the scene, the modified PZ2 MAT did load the textures on to the katana prop. Just as a trial, I attempted to use the modified PZ2 file without M4 in the scene and the texture did not load which supports fixmypcmike's recollection about needing a figure in the scene to change the MAT.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

or you could just resave it as an mc6 and not worry about it