Camera settings for Luxus [Resolved]

dandan Posts: 0

Hi,

I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. This is my first post. I am currently learning how to use the Luxus exporter for Luxrender. I have pretty much gotten everything figured out and am having fun. I'm missing one aspect. I'd like to learn how to transfer the camera settings from DS to Luxus. For example I want to use a very shallow DOF to blur the background. According to the LuxRender documentation it does support DOF, however I cannot find any Luxus documentation on how to do this or make sure that it exports.

Thank you

Post edited by dan on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Remember DOF has an on-off switch in the camera parameters.

I've never really done anything with camera settings, I'm bending my brain enough figuring out how to set up surfaces and lights for LuxRender. I just cross my fingers and hope that when I hit the render button, Luxus auto-translates everything properly.

• dandan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much. I did double check the DOF switch. I just don't seem to be getting any really good bokeh.

I understand about crossing your fingers....I do that every time I do anything in DS. I'm very new to 3D in general.

• dandan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I finally got this figured out. The bokeh is just not as pronounced when using Luxrender. So I have to use a bit more extreme settings. Thanks everyone.