Creating products in DS : How to assign content to it ? (SOLVED)

BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
edited November 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

So in the content library I right click and create a product then in the content DB editor window I add the support files for the new product click accept and it creates the product dsx and dsa files in the /Runtime/support path.
The problem DS shows the product in the smart content if I right click to show the product contents it is empty, same in the library.

Am I missing some steps ? doing something wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

Post edited by BBlogo on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

bblogoss said:
    So in the content library I right click and create a product

At what point are you doing this? Do you already have the object your product's made of created and loaded into a scene? The way I understand it, the proper way to make a new thing is to use File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset. This can't be done directly in the Content Library tab, it has to be done from the File menu.
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2014

Once in the DB Editor you have to assign each item in the product, then it will show up. There are a few tutorials in the forums. Try searching for Metadata tutorials and you may find some.

Here's one:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20018/

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

What I want is to create a product that shows in the Smart Content Products tab >> See attached screenshot 1

Screenshot 2 : For example, I create a product named "example". It shows in the smart content products (I know how to add an image by copying a jpg image {size 114X148} for the product with the same name as the dsx file in the /Runtime/Support folder)

Screenshot 3 : adding support files in the content DB editor

Screenshot 4 : nothing is listed when exploring the product contents.

Screenshot_4.jpg
    543 x 622 - 85K
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    1566 x 638 - 170K
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    1580 x 477 - 165K
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    1560 x 596 - 214K
    edited November 2014

See my reply above. You have to assign items to see them in there.

If you click on the asset tab you will see all items that need to be assigned.

I suggest you look at the tutorials.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

I can't do anything in the assets tab, there is no add option, everything is grey.

The tutorial metadata thread is for smart content files assigned to a figure but not for smart content products.

Screenshot_5.jpg
    1248 x 644 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Smart Content is Metadata.

I add my own metadata to my free products and you need to follow the tutorial for them to work.

edited December 1969

I'm sorry but this tutorial is not what i really intend to do.

For example, with GenX2 I have converted a V4 character set. I want to make it a Smart content Product with the actor/shape/materials.
    I know how to make these smart content files for G2F (that's what the tutorial shows). And they are listed in the G2F smart content files but of course there is no Product for this set until it is created. That's what I'm trying to do.

Maybe I don't explain well what I intend to do because my english is not perfect (I am French).

edited November 2014

OK, I found it : we have to browse the Content/Runtime folder in the library then right click and choose "create a product", enter the name then the following message pops-up in my example case : "Product already exists : would ou like to add these files to it ?", choose YES and it's done.

Screenshot_7.jpg
    1566 x 637 - 312K
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    1593 x 641 - 264K
    Post edited by BBlogo on