couldn't this be standard ?
same for the butt
somebody knows what dress is it ?

daz3d-00_girl-6-hair_.jpg
960 x 1248 - 177K

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

...interesting, no "cling wrap" effect. Now I'm curious.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2014

Greetings,
    Actually, for once, it's listed in the items 'things used in these promos'...

Dazzle for G2F

I own it, and can't say I've ever tried it, despite that awesomely clean breast-bridge. It's part of the Steph 6 Pro bundle, which is why I didn't remember it...

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

thanks Cypherfox
    although I do not like the new shop design
    I have to get familiar with it

edited December 1969

so I had a look at the 3DLust shop
    http://www.daz3d.com/3dlust#
    the breast-coverage morph is to be seen there on various dresses
    very nice
    I think that could be done for the skirts and panties also

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

Can someone try this with custom, genx morphs and confirm it works as advertised? If so i will buy the whole 3d lust collection. As is, I stay away from ANY vendors outfit that has this type of wraparound style because i know how much of a pain it is to fix this and i never use default character morphs..

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Can someone try this with custom, genx morphs and confirm it works as advertised? If so i will buy the whole 3d lust collection. As is, I stay away from ANY vendors outfit that has this type of wraparound style because i know how much of a pain it is to fix this and i never use default character morphs..

I think you'll find that, rather than having magical breast-bridging powers, 3dLust has added a custom morph for Girl 6.

edited December 1969

the dress in motion

https://vimeo.com/111128232

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

It's not advertised as being a perfect breast-bridge; they had to add morphs for each breast-type they know of. If you import entirely new breast morphs, including from GenX'ed characters, you'll find they distort it somewhat.

The dress is very nice, and holds up very well under relatively typical use, I'll admit.

I realized why I recognized the dress; I've never used it, but I've used the arm bangles that came with it a LOT.

Anyway, I've been messing with it in a few renders today, and it's very good... As SY says, it's not magical. There's no way for them to predict all the possible morphs you could put in, but it handles the basic ones very well.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

I hope this quality will become standard

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

I think you'll find that, rather than having magical breast-bridging powers, 3dLust has added a custom morph for Girl 6.

Not looking for magical, but I can get good results with these kinds of tops using a deformer, even better if i take the outfit into max, but I was hoping to be able to skip these steps to save time and have a built in movement morph, but since this seems to rely on specific, store bought figure morphs, guess that is not the case. Thanks for the info though.

Knowing how troublesome this area can be with fitting, I am really surprised vendors still make these kinds of style of tops, maybe because they are easier to model, who knows. If only DAZ had made a spandex morph.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

...yeah, we haven't seen a "spandex" morph since the Gen3 days

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I have a couple of the 3DLust outfits. Looking in their data Morphs directory, they have provided PBMs for ALL of the G2F breast shape morphs, even things like PBMNipples. So it's pretty clear to me, 3DLust took the time to model the breast bridge in using corrective morphs. While this makes for a lot of PBMs that have to be created, it's probably the only way to really do a breast bridge given the native morphs available in G2F. It's nice to see vendors like 3DLust taking the time to do this, and I wish more did. Too many don't provide ANY corrective morphs at all (*cought*B25*cough*).

But it's also unfortunate that it means it won't work well with custom morphs. I see this as a drawback to what DAZ provides in G2F (e.g., the lack of a spandex morph as already pointed out) rather than an oversight on the part of the content creator.

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Clothing Breast Fixes for Genesis 2 Female by Sickleyield works great on many clothing items. It's also a DAZ Original.

http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-breast-fixes-for-genesis-2-female

edited December 1969

its nice that people work on fixes
    but it would be even better if they weren't necessary
    perhaps this thread can help to raise the standard

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    But it's also unfortunate that it means it won't work well with custom morphs.

Not necessarily. Most of the time I make customs the auto generated morph is good enough for most people and products but not good enough for my perfectionistic ways.

After a while you learn who makes the good stuff.. There are people I just won't buy from even if their stuff is often Daz-O or PC items and ridiculously inexpensive just because I know those people don't do adjustment morphs, have sloppy rigging, or make terrible DS materials. $5 for an outfit or $2 for a texture expansion is only a good deal if you can actually use it without wanting to throw your computer out the window, otherwise it's just wasted money.