What the HECK have they done to the website???

3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 474
edited November 2014 in The Commons

ARGHHHH!!!! Some stupid designer ponytails have created a new web site that doesn't work properly! Where are the drop-down menus? How do I get to the FREEBIE page now? Every week there are new freebies and with my limited time, I don't spend time on the forums. The new site is ugly, the My Account section is awkward AND ugly, and the menus limit use of the site. They should FIRE the people who did this design, or who were in charge of checking it had everything working before launch! Sorry, but I have spent thousands of dollars with DAZ and I really can't understand why change something that actually worked for something that is confusing, is less user friendly, and more limited in access. BAH! Bad move, DAZ! (Sorry, but really ... bah!)

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

How do I get to the FREEBIE page now?
    Check the giant rotating banner, there's a link to the freebie and fastgrab section in it. DAZ said they'll add them somewhere more obvious later on, but for now that's the way to access those.
  • edited December 1969

This isn't nearly as bad as the last redesign when they took away all sorts of useful features. Used to be able to include/exclude DAZ items and PC items, that was real helpful when trying to figure out what could and couldn't be used for a coupon, now you have to wade through hundreds of items to find one. There's other features that I've forgotten, but every time I search for something I'm like "oh yeah, this feature would have been nice, why'd they take that out?". Sales and coupons were a lot less of a pain too. No stacking, no punches... you were either a PC member or you weren't and non-PC members had a special sale once in a great while to pull them in to maybe sign up, now everyone gets nearly the same thing, just PC members get a slightly better deal.

• 3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 474
    edited December 1969

Thanks Leana, found it there - though this week all are VERY old freebies. Disappointing!

And thanks Cujoe, I agree, they seem to have cottonwoolbrain whenever they redesign. They spend the next couple of months fixing the errors. The site just gets less and less user-friendly, to my mind. And I agree about the Punches and PC membership stuff and sales generally too. I don't know why all the changes. Also, other sites give you the option one way or another to be emailed when something in your wishlist goes on sale ... why can't we be notified of that here? (Or have I missed something? I too have cottonbrain sometimes. haha!)

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

Actually, I quite like the new site design ... It reminds me of Windows 8 - which as we all know is the most successful and popular version of Windows in Microsoft history (not) ;)

I notice that they STILL have not fixed the extremely annoying bug that shows you as logged in to the store but not logged into the forums, so you have to go back to the store, log out and then log back in before you can post. Somebody really needs to look at their cookie policies to sort this out.

Overall, it could have been worse.

Probably will be ... given time.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Metro apps: the first thing most Win 8 users remove.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

I thought the first thing that most Win 8 users remove was Windows 8 :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    icprncss said:

I thought the first thing that most Win 8 users remove was Windows 8 :)

LMAO, so true!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Well, you can't blame the users, even MS is trying to somehow remove Windows 8 from their history.

Such a brilliant idea, though, let's just use the design we use for a small, mobile handheld device for a giant, immovable device that usually has a mouse and keyboard attached to it.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

I hate the new design and think it's big, clunky and in-yer-face ugly, but I realise that's just personal opinion and I expect I'll get used to it if I have to (although I'm never going to like it). However, I'm amazed that Fast Grab and several of the category sales can only be accessed via the scrolling banner. Whoever decided that users with money in their hands should have to wait until a certain shopping link eventually rolled by before they could click on it certainly didn't get the idea from Common Sense Web Design 101.

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

I have to agree, it is too BIG and harder to move around. The worst part is the wishlist. The list no longer loads anything unless you scroll over and it is SLOW to scroll and load. Then they took away the sort by adding, I had items I wanted more near the bottom/recently added. Now that is gone. Also the 2 columns (not to mention the images are too BIG)makes my eyes dart all over instead of just scrolling down the list. It is driving me nuts.

I was going to purchase a few items today, but the new list is driving me mad and I gave up.

I understand the update but PLEASE give the option to change the image/design size, revert to 1 column, and be able to load the whole page at once (and I am not talking about the ALL option, that is nice but it still doesn't load the images unless you scroll over them and that is SLOW).

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Windows 8. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT

wishlist needs to be one by one scrolling down... the two across takes away my eyes from being able to see what is there.

everything is too big. make useful size and allow rollover to make large size - just cannot see what is on the page - these old eyes don't work with this layout

Thanks DAZ. You Have just SAVED me a TON of money. I've got till the 25th to decide if I'm going to consider remaining a member. No wait. that must be the 22nd. Last October when I thought I had 3 more days to use my old pc membership, they charged me 3 days early and I did not get to look at the pc prices for 1.99 before they went up. That saved me money as well.

Guess the universe is telling me that I'm going shopping elsewhere.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited November 2014

dclane said:
    I hate the new design and think it's big, clunky and in-yer-face ugly, but I realise that's just personal opinion and I expect I'll get used to it if I have to (although I'm never going to like it). However, I'm amazed that Fast Grab and several of the category sales can only be accessed via the scrolling banner. Whoever decided that users with money in their hands should have to wait until a certain shopping link eventually rolled by before they could click on it certainly didn't get the idea from Common Sense Web Design 101.

I don't mind the look of the new store, but a lot of the functionality simply doesn't work properly. The fact that fast grab and freebies aren't on the main menu makes me suspect that they won't be around as categories much longer. Fast Grab, in particular, has been horrifically supported for the last five months, probably because it's a simple, easy to understand sale that doesn't require leaping through hoops or constant reloading and unloading of the cart.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Nester751Nester751 Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

No poser filter that I can find and no fast grab I can find either. Also, Microsoft Windows 8 has a worse adoption rate than Vista. Microsoft is skipping Windows 9 to release Windows 10 pre tests very soon. Really dumb reasoning. Might as well call it Windows 16 or Windows 100 for that kind of reasoning. The thing is while tablet computing is an okay idea, it's not taking off, nor is touch screens, to any of Microsoft's projected sales and adoption rates. In retrospect this is what cost Steve Balmer to be forced out of a job. Following lemming style is not a good tactic and could easily lead to changes in Daz management if the sales drop pattern follows Microsoft's Windows 8.

Mind you, it was a daring experiment, just not really worked out (until Windows 8.1 got some approval).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,435
    edited December 1969

Please refer all comments and questions to here so they are all in one place and DAZ officials can easily refer to 1 thread

This discussion has been closed.