Improving Studio performance

What we need is an improvement of Studio performance. I have about 900 G8F characters acquired till today, so most characters like Bridget8, Victoria8, etc. Now it takes about 1 hour to load the G8F character (on a high-end PC system - Intel 10980XE, 128 GB memory, SSD´s, Nvidia Titax RTX) while my G3F only takes about a minute to load (where I own "only" 200 characters). The problem is that all morphs, used or unused always load with the base figure.

So what we need is a new Genesis figure which only loads the needed morphs or a script that deletes unused morphs (not only putting the slider to zero).

I know that the current solution is to delete all characters currently unused but that makes no sense for me. So why not like in old Poser times when needed morphs have to be loaded manually in the base figure like in Victoria 4?

As the money comes with additional characters for the base figures (maybe one day Victoria9, Bridget9, and so on) it would be only good for DAZ because if not I (or we) will not buy any longer so many characters for a new Genesis figure.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

An hours loading time suggests that some of your characters/morphs do not like the others and it takes DS a lot of time to figure out what to do with the conflicts and problems.

Have you looked at your logfile?

• Some performance improvements in this area is a good ask. However I hope you are exaggerating that load time, if not then something is wrong with your setup. As suggested before, you should probably review your log files.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited April 2021

Check out the thread here....
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6587366/#Comment_6587366

And scroll down to thenoobducky's post.  In his sig is a link to a script he wrote to help with the morps.

I feel your pain, I have a lot of characters as well, but currently only about half are actually installed in DIM and my load time is about 6 minutes now.  To my get my load time under two minutes, I have to cull them back down to about 200ish Characters.

Post edited by Chumly on
  • chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117

PerttiA said:

An hours loading time suggests that some of your characters/morphs do not like the others and it takes DS a lot of time to figure out what to do with the conflicts and problems.

Have you looked at your logfile?

Oh yes, hundreds of doubles, nearly impossible to get through (I most cases I cannot figure out to which the doubles belong).