Update and Content Shuffle

dgtrekkerdgtrekker Posts: 1

Every time I have to update Daz install manager to download new content, I wind up having to reinstall Daz 64 bit, because all my content disappears. There are little orange squares and the names where it used to be, but when you click on it you get "file not found". When I reload Daz 4.6 (64 bit) behold all my content is back but now all the time I spend building a catalog of where I want my stuff is gone, and I have to re-categorize everything again. HELP!

Post edited by dgtrekker on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you have been using your own Categories, you need to save them by gong to the drop=down menu in the Content Library pane, selecting Content DB Maintenance, and then ticking the box 'Export User Data'

Once you have done that, a list of your own categories is saved, and can be re-imported again using the 'Re-Import Metadata' from the same drop down menu.

I don't see why your content would disappear anyway, DIM and DAZ Studio do not communicate at all. If you are referring to Smart Content, then it requires the CMS to be running (if using CMS/Valentina) or are you using the new PostgreSQL database?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Re-Installing Studio never 'fixes' content problems.

• edited December 1969

I have the same problem, my content just disappeared after DAZ crashed on me a few days ago. How do I know if this CMS (content management service i hope?) is running or not?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem, my content just disappeared after DAZ crashed on me a few days ago. How do I know if this CMS (content management service i hope?) is running or not?

Content can not just disappear after a DS crash. If you look in the Content Library pane, you should still see it all there.

Are you referring to Smart Content, that relies on CMS (or PostgreSQL if you use that). On Windows, look in the Task Manager, and you should see CMS running as a Process. If you see several versions of 'postgres.exe' running, then you are using the PostgreSQL database instead ov Valentina/CMS.

If you are using Valentina, and CMS is not showing in the Task Manager, you can start it from All Programs > DAZ 3D.