Freak 5 Problem Crooked Torso

Hi, I'm having this problem where my F5 character has a crooked and contorted torso, pulling to the left of figures body.

See picture below.

I've tried reinstalling the F5 files over the existing ones, and rebooting computer, reloading Poser and character. Still doesn't help.

Any ideas on what this is and how to fix this?

problem.jpg
944 x 641 - 117K

Comments

• shanemofojacksonshanemofojackson Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Problem Solved.

If anyone else runs into this problem.

Using the dropdown menus to get to each body part, or use the mouse to click on the body part >

Select "Right Collar" > Properties Tab (This is the tab next to the "Parameters Tab")

And uncheck "Bend" Box. This is listed under "Visible" check box.

Select "Left Collar" and do the same.

Still curious what this "Bend" checkbox is for, and what it's used for if anyone would like to say.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

More likely you had the pectoral bone posed - the Bend on/off parameter is not something you want to change in general.

edited December 1969

Hi Richard. Ok thanks man. So where and how do I change that?

edited December 1969

The pectoral bones are children of the chest - find and select them, via the Scene pane, then go to Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Selected nodes.

edited November 2014

Hi Richard, I really appreciate the help and I'm sorry for the continued questions, but I think though you might be using Daz? I'm using Poser.

The reason I think we're using different software is I do not see these options. Sorry to have to keep asking, but I'm just kind of lost here.

You said:
    "The pectoral bones are children of the chest - find and select them, via the Scene pane, then go to Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Selected nodes."

The "scene" window is just the regular main pose window right? I couldn't find anything to select these "bones". Nor did I see "Zero Selected nodes" anywhere. I know where to "Zero" a figure completely, but I did not see this particular option.

Post edited by shanemofojackson on
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't realise you were using Poser. You need to select the bones from the bone list above the viewport, then zero their transforms - there's a Zero Element command in the edit menu but it's probably just as easy to alt or opt click the sliders.

edited December 1969

Hi Richard.

Just getting back to you, I was out yesterday.

Ok my friend, I'm so sorry to have to keep asking you man! You've been great in trying to assist me.

However, I still do not see what you are talking about.

What "view-port"? I'm totally lost lol.

Here's a screen shot of my entire program, so you can see what it looks like to me. And maybe then you would be able to tell me where I need to go to find what you're talking about.

I zeroed the character and didn't mess with those "bend" boxes as recommended. As you can see, it's doing that crooked torso thing again.

Let me know if you'd like me to screen shot any of the drop downs as well.

F5_Prob_1.jpg
    1600 x 842 - 468K
    edited November 2014

By viewport I just meant the area showing the figure - click where it says "chest" and from the list pick Body Parts>Chest parts>Left pectoral (or PP2012 may not arrange the menu of bones by hierarchy, I can't recall when that came in, which case Left pectoral will be immediately in the body part list). As you can see, if I set the Side-to_side for the pectorals I can match the distortion you are seeing.

F5_with_Pectoral_s-to-sa.JPG
    891 x 784 - 42K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Richard, you are the man!

I can't thank you enough! lol, something so trivial driving me bananas for last few days when working with this character!

I didn't even realize there was "pectorals" as I was only looking for "collar" (L&R) So it was almost like I didn't even see them there because my mind wasn't aware of their existence!

There was some hidden dependency taking place, and it wasn't under the direct dials, but showing a value above on something else that was adding side side value.

Couldn't find it, so I just went to settings and made minimum and maximum both 0 and it fixed the problem!

Everything works now! Thanks so much!

We'll see if I have that problem I posted about with the hip staying stuck while everything else moved around it. I'm guessing maybe all my tinkering messed something up. So I'll let you know.

But at least we got this problem figured out. I'm not too worried about it, but any idea where that dependent value might have been coming from?

Either way thanks my friend. Appreciate the patience!

I just hope after all this, this thread is able to help some other noobs like me who might run into the same issue!

You rock man!

edited December 1969

The side-to-side is linked to the collar front-back parameter, but that wouldn't have any effect with the collar zeroed. I think it's most likely that you have one of the breast parameters (under Pose Controls>Torso>Female with the Body selected) set to a non-zero value.

F5-setting_the_pectorals_from_the_body.JPG
    1311 x 808 - 84K