an alternative to voice actors, Silent Movie Title Writing

2»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Wow, Philemo.  Amazing that you can do your own phomene programming. 

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited May 2021

Philemo_Carrara said:

I'm working on a project mixing face mocap and mimic like lip sync program. I don't use mimic because mimic understand mainly English phonemes and ranges from not very good up to very very bad in other languages. As I need my script to understand French, I'm in the process of implementing voice recognition VOSK python library with my OpenFace implementation to get a mix of both.

With this, you're out in front of the crowd. Good luck with it. This mocap field is moving very fast. Recently I have seen stabs taken at markerless full-body mocap. Mocap for the common man! Bravo!

I've looked more than once for TTS voices that are English spoken with a certain European accent -- French, German, Italian, etc. There aren't any. I await them.

My own first experience with lipsync was CrazyTalk in 2004. I was blown away by it, as I am by mocap today. Computer art in general has taken a turn toward photographic realism in the past 5-10 years. It puts me in mind of an old engineering joke. If I may:

An engineer and a scientist stand in a large room, side by side, with their backs to the wall. Facing them, back against the opposite wall, is a beautiful woman, scantily clad. The two men cross half the distance to the opposite wall, then half the remaining distance, then half the remaining distance, etc.

SCIENTIST: At this rate we'll never get there!

ENGINEER: Hey, this is close enough for me.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MQGyir3J3ktN/

Post edited by his x on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Talkia has voices from different parts of the world, which will pronounce their native language correctly, yet speak English very well, but with a heavy accent.

Spanish, German, Japanese, English (American, European and Australian), Chinese and French are mentioned as 'some of them' on their promo page (about two-thirds down the page, where you can here examples), but I know for sure that there's one from Russia or Ukraine as well.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Again, not really movie-worthy. No "emotions" options. They'll get there though.