Nothing in my shopping cart?

WadeWattsWadeWatts Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Using the Daz store...

I add something to my cart... then I go to check out and it says my cart is empty... I am a logged in Platinum Member.

Tried it on two different browsers... Is something wrong?

Comments

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

We're seeing some reports of this from a subset of users, but haven't been able to reproduce it as it is working for the majority of users.

Can you let me know what browser you're using and the specific product you're trying to add? Are you adding it before or after you are logged in? Any other details you can give so we can try to track it down?

I'm looking at your account and not seeing anything in your cart, so I'm trying to pinpoint if it is associated with the item you're trying to add, your session, your cart, or your account.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Same here. I added something to my cart just now, but the cart showed empty. The product description said it is in my cart, however.

OK. I added another item and then they both appeared in the cart!

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

In my case, I was logged in when I clicked add to cart and the product was Elven Armour fo G2F (which I succesfully bought in the end, after removing the second item which I had put in for a test).

• WadeWattsWadeWatts Posts: 0
    edited November 2014

In my case I was logged in and tried using Chrome and Safari on OS X. Both showed zero. When I added a second item to the cart... both showed up and I deleted the second one and was able to pay for the first.... Kind of a work a round... but clearly a bug. Hope you sort it out.

Great products and great site! I bought the bar interior. I tried adding it before and after login... same result.

Post edited by WadeWatts on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Same here, added to cart from wishlist, wishlist and product page showed it as "In Cart", I logged out and in again, then added a second item to make it appear. Firefox 33.0.2

• blibertyblabblibertyblab Posts: 28
    edited November 2014

Check the web address. Checkout is redirecting us away from www.daz3d.com

My cart is fine until I want to check out. I'm getting redirected from www.daz3d.com to direct.daz3d.com. My cart is then empty because I haven't excepted direct.daz3d from the block I have on cookies.

My question, already posed in the members room but unanswered, is simply: Is direct.daz3d.com Legitimate???

If it is then I'll accept cookies from this new site and all is well. My cart will then see the cookies that hold it's contents.

Until I know this new redirection is legitimate, I'm not buying anything.

A moderator might want to pull my new topic from the members room and merge it here since I'm pretty sure this is all the same issue.

Edit: I tried to checkout again, this time, no redirection. I'm still at www.daz3d.com so my stuff is still in my cart. I can FINALLY buy it.

Cookies cookies, again. Daz_Jon is really not going to be happy if this little bug is a blocked cookie issue. Should I hide?

Post edited by blibertyblab on
  • DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Direct and www share cookies. You "shouldn't" get sent to direct, but it happens now and then, part of the loosening of URL generation code we had to hack in to get this site running side by side with production that will be removed later. It doesn't have any actual impact other than you don't get super fast server response from varnish cached items.

Anyway, to what I was going to post. I think I found the problem with the cart not showing up when an item is in it as I was able to get my cart into that state (but couldn't get it back to the broken state without directly modifying the cart to make it "out of sync" in the database). I just pushed up a change that I think will fix it, but I can't actually reproduce it to test it. Sooo... if it happens again to any of you (an item in your cart, click on checkout and it saying nothing is in there when there is something, and having to add / remove an item to get it to work again, or something similar to that), please post here so I can see if it breaks again. This is one of those things that if the fix works, it will be because no one is seeing it anymore, but isn't reliably reproducible so I can't just go "yup, it is fixed for sure now."

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited November 2014

I've had that cart problem only the last couple of days with both Firefox 33.0.3 and with Silk on my Kindle Fire HDX (the very latest version since my Fire was updated with a newer Android 4.1 something a couple of days ago--didn't try before that). Tried it on Silk just now and the cart was fine (except when trying to remove the product I'd put in there it took me to the product page instead for some reason. Backed up and tried again and all was fine.)

Also just tried with Firefox. Again no problem with the cart this time.

(Selected and purchased a complete order with my Kindle Fire HDX sometime within the last day or so. Oh boy now I can shop at DAZ while pretending to read a book. :) BTW, the formatting is really nice on the Fire but the box to select to hide purchases is nowhere I can find. But since I have it set to hide on the PC, it does it on the Kindle too though I have to go into my account first before it takes even though it shows me as being logged in..

Post edited by Spit on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited November 2014

DAZ_Jon said:
    Anyway, to what I was going to post. I think I found the problem with the cart not showing up when an item is in it as I was able to get my cart into that state (but couldn't get it back to the broken state without directly modifying the cart to make it "out of sync" in the database). I just pushed up a change that I think will fix it, but I can't actually reproduce it to test it. Sooo... if it happens again to any of you (an item in your cart, click on checkout and it saying nothing is in there when there is something, and having to add / remove an item to get it to work again, or something similar to that), please post here so I can see if it breaks again. This is one of those things that if the fix works, it will be because no one is seeing it anymore, but isn't reliably reproducible so I can't just go "yup, it is fixed for sure now."

I'm seeing it now with a Chromium browser ... well, sort of seeing it, anyway.

I put the Titanic bundle into my cart with a link to a non-secure connection. Then I clicked a couple of things, and decided it was easier to get back to where I needed to be by clicking my bookmark, which directs to a secure connection. At which point the cart was suddenly empty, and logging in and out and in and out didn't get it back into the cart. Didn't think to add/remove a totally different item, unfortunately.

Actually getting to checkout wasn't an issue; it fell out of the cart before that.

I forced the bundle page to a "secure" connection by putting https:// at the beginning of the URL. The browser objected that this was NOT really a secure connection because the page had insecure elements -- images, probably -- and the website certificate wasn't supplying ownership information. I put the item into the cart at that point, and it stayed in the cart, even when I went to nonsecure pages. When I clicked my bookmark again, it was still there.

Maybe part of the issue is that the cart isn't retaining its state between secure and nonsecure connections.

I've done forced reloads to make sure that I'm using whatever fix got pushed up.

I've seen this particular glitch a few times, but never with a cart that had several items, only when there were single items. It only occurred to me yesterday that bouncing back and forth between secure/insecure modes might have anything to do with it, and, as you say, I couldn't test until it happened again. I think it might be related, in any event, if not the whole issue.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited November 2014

And replying to myself: it just happened again with the same bundle.

I wasn't logged out -- the login persists an amazingly long time these days, even though I don't have "keep me logged in" checked.

I left the Titanic bundle in the cart, waiting to see if there would be something on sale tomorrow to go with it.

Someone in the Members forum mentioned that her pricing for Love Potion was wonky. I used their link from the forum, which was to a normal http:// page. Put the item in the cart to see if the pricing changed.

And Titanic bundle was gone. Again.

However, when I used my bookmark to go to a secure page, both items were in the cart. And when I went to a nonsecure page after that, both items remained in the cart. Flipping back and forth between modes seems to really do something weird with the cart.

I was using Opera 25, a Chromium browser (basically, Chrome with a different interface), on Windows 7 when that happened.

I then verified with Firefox 33.0.3 that both items remained in the cart. (For what it's worth, Firefox reports that the connection is secure and encrypted, but that the certificate still doesn't supply ownership information.)

Post edited by vwrangler on