Where are presets for Tiler Shader located?

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I reinstalled this product after upgrading DAZ Studio to 4.7, and I cannot find the presets that apparently come with it.

http://www.daz3d.com/tiler-shader-for-daz-studio

I found the props (the 8 example ground planes), but I can't find the 18 opacity maps, 8 normal maps, 14 displacement maps, etc.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

I don't see any presets - I think it's saying you can use the props, with different settings on each, to understand how the shader works.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2014

There are several different textures in runtime/textures/Dimention Theory/Tiler Shader.

I've yet to get this to render properly.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, I guess the description just made it sound like it included basic displacement and texture maps that you could apply to your own objects.

Wilmap: I haven't experimented with this shader very much yet, so I can't offer any advice. I imagine it works a lot like the Ubersurface2's "Layer 2" options, except you're not limited to non-Normal blending modes.

If I could ask a related question: in the user guide for AoA's Subsurface Shader, it shows a picture with a bunch of presets. No presets are included with the basic shader, and I have not been able to find any surface presets aside from the Goop, Plastic, and Gummy ones. Do you happen to know if this was just an early pic and those presets were never finished, or if they're available somewhere?

Thanks again.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited December 1969

If I could ask a related question: in the user guide for AoA's Subsurface Shader, it shows a picture with a bunch of presets. No presets are included with the basic shader, and I have not been able to find any surface presets aside from the Goop, Plastic, and Gummy ones. Do you happen to know if this was just an early pic and those presets were never finished, or if they're available somewhere?

Thanks again.

If you mean the image under "Applying the Base Shader or Presets" in the online guide, that image shouldn't be there. The presets it shows are from the Metallized Glass shader. Kind of surprised he hasn't changed that out by now.

That said, Subsurface does have a bunch of presets -- the ones down lower on the online guide, with Chicken, Milk, Skin, etc -- but they're almost all in Subsurface Toolbox, which is a separate product.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508
    edited December 1969

That's probably the image I saw, yes. Thanks very much.

Yeah, there are some SSS presets in the drop-down menu, I just wasn't sure if there were any MAT presets I couldn't find. Subsurface Toolbox does look like a good set to have though, I'll add that to my wishlist now. ;)

Thanks again.