Anyone having these problems with Reality 2?

ZathynZathyn Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I recently purchased Reality 2 for Daz and, when it works, have been getting excellent results. The problem is, it doesn't always load first time, it can take 20 or more tries to load it. Also, I have one genesis character that Reality refuses to work with at all. I have no idea why this would be happening. Has anyone else had the same issues?

Thanks!

Comments

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited November 2014

are there any error Messages?
    if you tell me what Figure you are using I can try it (if I own the Figure)

(you can also try the official Reality Forum http://preta3d.com/ or contact their Support if nobody)

Post edited by R25S on
  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Hi Zathyn.
    What OS do you use? What version of Studio do you use? What is in the scene before you call Reality?

Thanks.

• ZathynZathyn Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hi :) The scene is just one genesis model and one soft box. Exactly the same set up I've been using for test renders on all my models. I have windows 8, 64 bit and DAZ 4.6 (64). I take out everything that isn't necessary for a portrait render, so I hide limbs etc so Reality doesn't call it into the scene. So far, I'm just testing it out with portraits, so I'm confused as to why one genesis model works and another doesn't. They're all designed by me, not store bought.

I've attached a render to show that when it works, I'm thrilled with the results. But this render is exactly how I'm setting them all up *confused*

LUKEreality.jpg
    1268 x 1500 - 416K
    edited December 1969

PS: No, no error messages at all.

edited December 1969

It would help to know the exact version of Studio but some users reported an issue like this with Windows 8. I'm not sure why the OS matters since Reality 2 runs inside Studio and if Studio runs so should Reality.

A possible workaround seems to remove the camera and add it again, before calling Reality for the first time on a scene.

edited December 1969

Hmm.. okay, thank you. I'll give that a try.

edited November 2014

Nope, that didn't work :( It's Daz 4.6 Pro

Post edited by Zathyn on
    edited December 1969

Hi.
    Do you have the full version number? All the digits. That will help me understand if there are any other issues.

Thank you.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

Zathyn said:
    Nope, that didn't work :( It's Daz 4.6 Pro

open DS, go to HELP > ABOUT DAZ STUDIO and a window will pop up with the full version number on it.

edited December 1969

It's 4.6.0.18 Pro Edition

Thanks again :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Zathyn said:
    I recently purchased Reality 2 for Daz and, when it works, have been getting excellent results. The problem is, it doesn't always load first time, it can take 20 or more tries to load it. Also, I have one genesis character that Reality refuses to work with at all. I have no idea why this would be happening. Has anyone else had the same issues?

Thanks!

Yes... I have experienced this and no, I have no idea why it happened. It might be wise to clear the Daz Studio cache (default directory is C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4\temp) and try again.

I found that to clear up the problem in some cases. Other times it persisted and I still have no clear idea as to why. In one extreme example, I even ended up reinstalling Reality 2 on several occasions just to try and fix the problem. I've had moments where it would work the first time I called it, and then cease to be called up on subsequent attempts, forcing me to exit Daz Studio and reload the scene.

It's a frustrating issue, but one which very few seem to have experienced so it's very difficult to debug. Not sure if it's a DS issue or a problem with the Reality plugin, but hopefully it will be fixed before Reality 3 is released.

edited December 1969

Sorry to hear you're having the same problems. I've tried clearing the cache as well, and it helps sometimes, but not often. I use Daz for my work, and purchased Reality for that purpose. So yeah... to spend 45 mins clicking a mouse button trying to get it to engage on a scene last night is extremely frustrating.

edited December 1969

Sadly, this little bug is one of the major reasons I use Luxus more often than Reality these days. I think it might be an issue where Reality thinks the materials window is already up and running, so doesn't load to avoid extra instances of itself, but I'm just speculating at this point.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Reality not loading as in the plugin failed?
    Help>About Installed Plugins...

or not showing in the Render drop down menu and the plugin is showing it DID load?

edited November 2014

Reality not loading as in the plugin failed?
    Help>About Installed Plugins...

or not showing in the Render drop down menu and the plugin is showing it DID load?

As in, you click on 'Reality Render' and half the time it fails to open the Reality window.

I've done plenty of renders using Reality, so there doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern to when it chooses to load or when it fails to. Just seems to be a big glitch either in how Reality opens or how Daz calls it. Either way, I doubt we'll see a fix for it with a new version potentially on the horizon.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on