Checkout problem

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,740
edited November 2014 in The Commons

I just tried to checkout using the credit card I normally use and which I've used many times, but got a strange error on top of the checkout page (see screenshot). I tried again but got the same error. Then I tried another credit card which is also recorded in the store, that worked allright. I then tried the first card in another store to see if it had been blocked or something, but it worked allright there. Any idea what this error means?
--

checkouterror.jpg
684 x 67 - 9K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,740
    edited November 2014

Hm, I can see that I now have three copies of that order in my account, and the card that failed has been charged twice for the amount. I didn't get any email confirmation for these two orders, only for the last time I tried with the other card that went through allright.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2014

WARNING

If you receive this error message check to see if the order has indeed gone through before trying again. Others are also getting the same error message. DAZ 3D has been informed.

In MO http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47544/P540/#710124

As a precaution, if you get an error message and it doens’t go through to the confirmation page, DO NOT hit that purchase button again. Check your orders first as it seems the purchase DOES go through, but you get no confimration at all and it stays on the shopping cart page. Still haven’t received the email either.

In the meantime you need to file a support ticket with Sales dept to get the multiple charges sorted out.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,740
    edited December 1969

Thanks. No big deal, will just ask support to do a chargeback.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

1) Add items to cart.
    2) Checkout
    3) Enter Credit Card details.
    3) Click Submit

Get the message: "Mage registry key "_singleton/enterprise_pagecache/observer" already exists"

... and order not processed (I assume)

Here we go again! DAZ, you should have sacked the web site designers the last time around - instead of giving them another chance to screw up your business.

Edit: Oh - but wait - it seems that the order WAS processed but the items were left in the cart. Good job I checked before trying again.

DAZ - where buying has never been harder.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

That should be fixed now.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    That should be fixed now.

Oh, good ;)

It's reassuring to know that DAZ don't roll out untested web sites that process financial transactions.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I too go the error yesterday during checkout. Since I did not receive an email that my order went through I did re-place the order.

I did get charged double, but they appear to have refunded one order automatically nearly immediately so I am good.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I get this message when I try to checkout: "Payment Failure: Error Communicating with the processor, please try again later (AN)"

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

I got a similar error and it ate the SHARECG coupon I was trying to use.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I got the same error message and checked first to see if the order went through, looks ok so didn't try again, the procucts do show up in my product library and |I have an invoice for the order.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

I had a similar problem yesterday evening — but I used Paypal, not Credit Card.

After clicking Place Order, there was a very long delay (5-10 minutes?), so I closed the window thinking it crashed, and checked my paypal transactions to see if the order went through.

Sure enough, the transaction completed on Paypal, but I did not receive any Order Confirmation from Daz3d and all products remained in my Shopping Cart.

So then I checked My Account > My Orders, and noticed the Order was actually placed successfully too... but I had to remove every product individually from the Shopping Cart, which was a really bad user experience.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited November 2014

I got the same error message but my order was processed and the products available for download. The one thing I missed was the confirmation email. Because they show the actual price I paid for an item I like to get these and save them for 30 days in case I need to know the actual price to request a refund.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

In fairness to DAZ, when we were all testing the cart as PC members, we didn't have that error message come up, not once. They may still be adding features or trying to improve the site, it could be a error in the Paypal or CC interface, who knows.

My main concern is that if the forum users are a small fraction of folks who shop at Daz (which I have never believed, that is only registered users, doesn't account for lurkers) then what about the so-called majority of shoppers who did not get a warning or notice posted on the site to tell THEM what to do? I think a company has a responsibility to take care of their customers if there is a known error related to payment. Big FAIL. No notice.

• Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to check out and every time I add the PC anniversary bundle 10 to my cart and click checkout, it tells me my basket is empty :( Please help as I'd love to grab this bundle

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Did you try adding something else to your cart, refresh the page, then delete the second item? Some people are adding to the cart then deleting the item (without refreshing) and different things are working (and then again, not.)