Dawn SR2 - free update to starter morphs

launoklaunok Posts: 792
edited November 2014 in The Commons

Hi there,

I am not sure where to ask this since the product is actually offered over at HiveWire3D. Even if I am logged in at the site, I can't post on forums!

Today I saw there is a freebie for Dawn ... Dawn SR2 (got this via email) and I have downloaded the character. But on the email they also offer an free update to the Dawn Starter Morphs set. Even when logged in on the product page, only the Dawn SR2 is priced "0" but the starter morphs $12,95 - the free starter morphs update then? I am now confused as to what exactly is included in the free update offer? I have the original starter morphs for Dawn when she first came out. Can one use the original morphs on the SR2 version as well? Or is it automatically included in the SR2 version?

If there is any person who maybe know about the update, please let me know. Thank you!

EDIT: I ran across a thread now on the mentioned site which seems that all SR1 addons will work on SR2. :)

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

Everything made for the previous version should work, yes.
    And as for "free update to starter morphs" it doesn't mean the pack is free. HW3D folks added 18 morphs to the pack and the new version is free for previous owners.
    If you already own them then you should just redownload them (check the readme for install instructions).

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If you are using the Poser version, the SR2 will install as a new version giving you both the SR1 and the SR2. If you are using the DS version, the SR2 will overwrite the SR1. There's a long involved explanation over at Hivewire if it really matters to users.

All SR1 products are supposed to be compatible with SR2. However, read the read me's.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I had the same question. I'll go back over there tomorrow and check again. Definitely confusing.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Dawn SR2 needs to be placed in your cart and "purchased" at no cost.

There are 9 products that have been updated to SR2 and the updates are free - you just need to re-download.

Everything is really explained in the ReadMe files in terms of what is needed for what. The best place to ask questions, if you have them after you've read the ReadMe files :) is in the thread over in the Show Me the Honey forum at HiveWire.

ALL Dawn & Dawn SR1 characters and clothes can be used on Dawn SR2, with one control needing to be turned off. Again, explained in the ReadMe files :).

The DS SR2 files overwrite the SR1 version, the Poser SR2 files do not - this has to do with differences in the way that Poser and DS work, but will not affect your ability to use Dawn in either program.

I recommend that you subscribe to the Product Update thread over at HiveWire - any time there are updated products, you will get notified.

launok - not sure if you have registered for the forum AND the store - they are separate log-ins. If you continue to have problems, please pm me and I'll get some help to get you in there.

• launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited December 1969

Dawn SR2 needs to be placed in your cart and "purchased" at no cost.

There are 9 products that have been updated to SR2 and the updates are free - you just need to re-download.

Everything is really explained in the ReadMe files in terms of what is needed for what. The best place to ask questions, if you have them after you've read the ReadMe files :) is in the thread over in the Show Me the Honey forum at HiveWire.

ALL Dawn & Dawn SR1 characters and clothes can be used on Dawn SR2, with one control needing to be turned off. Again, explained in the ReadMe files :).

The DS SR2 files overwrite the SR1 version, the Poser SR2 files do not - this has to do with differences in the way that Poser and DS work, but will not affect your ability to use Dawn in either program.

I recommend that you subscribe to the Product Update thread over at HiveWire - any time there are updated products, you will get notified.

launok - not sure if you have registered for the forum AND the store - they are separate log-ins. If you continue to have problems, please pm me and I'll get some help to get you in there.

Alisha and everyone else who have commented, thanks for your help! Yes, I will have to go and redownload the starter morphs set I have in my account as I saw them all in there.

Alisha, it's the first time I have tried to comment on the forums but did not know I need separate logins. I will go and try set a new login for the forums. Hopefully it will work out, if not I will contact you - thanks for offering help in this regard. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Alisa,

Is there a way to PUSH the updated - previously purchased products to the TOP of the download list so folks don't have to hunt and hunt and hunt for the updated ones in their downloads area?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

You're welcome, Launok :)

Wolfie - unfortunately, I don't think so :(