Recommended settings for higher-quality rendering in Unreal

I was wondering if those who know a bit more about Unreal could contribute to a thread where we share some settings and console commands for those who want to use it more for Studio-like realistic and/or raytracing rendering rather than real-time quality. I've found things in various tutorials, but it would be nice to collect them in one place if possible. 

This seems to be a good place to start, but I'd really like to hear from those who have actually set up and rendered higher quality scenes and can either share or confirm the values shown here as being recommended.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/RenderingAndGraphics/RayTracing/MovieRenderQueue/index.html

Question (one of many to come, I'm sure): can you set r.RayTracing.ForceAllRayTracingEffects as a console command in the Movie Render Queue so that raytracing only activates for the final render?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I have tried a few settings yeah but the wait times are enormous and the wait just wasn't worth the outcome, i too would like to hear peoples best settings because the few i have looked at and tried only made render times longer and made little difference in quality, i find the right lighting is key to revealing detail not so much sliding up the render options. The best quality i find is usually in the 4k to 16k render but they tend to require long render times and take up a large amount of space for one still photo real pic.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Thanks for replying. The one render I did do (following that tutorial) actually crashed Unreal, and then it crashed again this morning just trying to open a scene. Studio is actually more stable for me, haha.  :)   But yeah, I hope someone with more experience might share some essential settings for using raytracing and getting the best results from the Movie Render Queue. There are SO many settings, and while I don't mind having to learn or go through them, I'd like to have an idea which ones I should pay more attention to.