DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
edited November 2014 in The Commons

Anyone else not able to log in to DAZ3D with the Log In page not being encrypted with secure lock and HTTPS?

Since the new site change the log in page is no longer secure for me, and the only secure log in channel I have is going to log in screen for the DAZ Zendesk help section under Contact Us/Submit A Help Request.

My browser is Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.19 (non-upgradable) on a Puppy Linux 5.7.1 Live operating system disc.

*EDIT: Well, looks like the new website is more borked than I had imagined. I have no availability to post to this thread, but only edit this opening post.

DAZ_Jon: I only have a "New Topic" button at the bottom of this thread (I clicked it, and it openes up a new page to start a new topic in the Commons). Also, thank you for your feedback. Not sure I like the answer with all the password hacking, and redirected phishing site logins that mimic exact website logins except for protected https protocals, but there you have it. Time will only tell...

Everyone who posted: Thank you. I am glad it wasn't just me. Being on a very small (to probably no one else using) operating environment it is hard to tell what is borked, and what the mainstream has moved on with that this little system can't keep up with.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited November 2014

...thank you for this information ,just dialed up the Zendesk, and yep. Also looked at the store site, cart checkout page, and all are just "www.".

Wonderful, right during a major sales event to boot.

Made a couple purchases since the change. Hopefully my security suite's keylogger protection is bulletpoof.

Bad enough I've been experiencing serious log in issues since Friday.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Sadly enough, I can confirm this. Looks like I will be watching my card statements very closely for the next few months and I will NOT be purchasing anything else from this site until things are fixed. Honestly, I am somewhat shocked.

Somebody really dropped the ball here. You would think. that with all the ongoing isssues surrounding data breaches in both brick and mortar as well as online stores, the people at this company would be at least taking the basic steps to secure their customers data.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon and if the online store needs to be taken down so that this urgently needed repair can happen, maybe Daz#d will extend the PC sale for the amount of days that the store needs to be offline.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,139
    edited December 1969

I'm sure they are aware of this, but I'll email it in just to be sure.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

...thank you Jack.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2014

i manually type in the 's' as a workaround for now.

been relying on saved bookmarks to navigate to fastgrab, sales&promotions;, etc

misread 'Log In Not Secure' as 'lost in space'

Post edited by Mistara on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

OT but will mention- just read the USPS got hacked and EIGHT MILLION people's information was taken. If you used their customer service in the past three or four months, look up the article (it was on Yahoo a few minutes ago.) I'm sure that info has been around, but first time I've seen it.

Thanks for pointing that login problem out, it's rather alarming.

edited December 1969

i manually type in the 's' as a workaround for now.

been relying on saved bookmarks to navigate to fastgrab, sales&promotions;, etc

Does manually typing that in really do anything? The user can't make it secure, it has to come from the source doesn't it?

edited December 1969

I just checked and the https is showing on the page for me when I go to checkout.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i'm going by the lock icon. but i'm no security expert :roll:

lock.jpg
    634 x 544 - 77K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Yes checkout is secure. My son who works in IT just confirmed that.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited November 2014

With the login form, that can be on pretty much any and every page (in fact, it is on every page if you aren't logged in), what you should be looking for is how it sends the login data up. Every form has what is called an "action" which is what URL the form sends the data to. All of our login forms go post to "https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/loginPost". So, even though the page the form is on isn't necessarily encrypted, when you attempt to send data to the server, it does so over an encrypted connection.

In short, the login process is completely secure (as is the checkout).

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
This discussion has been closed.