Saving hair refit for Genesis 2 Female

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've managed to get a good fit of a V4 hair on Genesis 2 Female and just wondering what is the best way to save it to the Genesis 2 Female hair folder, so I don't have to keep doing it?

Comments

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

file->save as->support asset->figure/prop asset

Vender name is you, or the person that made the V4 version, whichever you prefer, that will determine its top most folder name in data
    Product name is the overall package name so if it has multiple items like the hair and a braid and a headband they would all be under the same product name, it's the 2nd level folder in Data
    Item name would be the hair itself, and is the 3rd level folder.

Fill in the meta data fields if they work for you. (mine never do)
    Leave all three things checkmarked in asset definitions.
    Uncheck smart parenting and compress files. (if you want it parented to G2 parent it before saving the figure but still leave that box unchecked)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited November 2014

If it's prop hair then do as Fisty says, if it's figure hair then make sure it's "fitted to" the figure before you save it, that way DS knows to create the DUF as a wearable preset with the conforming code, rather than a scene subset without the correct code, that way DS doesn't have to rely on the CMS to conform stuff, and it saves me from swearing at vendors when I have to "fix" their files.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Sorry.. I thought that part was obvious. LOL

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

thank yous verry much! :)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Sorry.. I thought that part was obvious. LOL
    To you and me it probably is, but you'd be surprised the number of conformers for Genesis I've had to edit to fix, and that includes the starter essentials.
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

No obvious to me at all *grin*

Thank you for the help! :D