PC+ Prices Now MOST $5- $7

124»

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

PDaz Jack Tomalin said:

Novica said:

But this has NOT been addressed-  POSES going to $4 can not be explained logically.  They're not harder to make to the tune of doubling from $2 to $4. Someone needs to take a look at that pricing. 

There's a million variables at play here.

But a few things to remember - moving away from 1.99 fixed pricing was done for many reasons, but the flipside to that was we also introduced the 30% intro discount on PC+ products.

So moving poses to say 2.99, gives an intro price of 2.09, which basically means the price would be the same (and resulting commission.. which is an issue), so 3.99 is a price that gives people a 2 week price of 2.79 - which gives us enough of a bump to cover things like everything else going up.   At the time we didn't have the ability to price at say 3.49 or whatever.

The last 1.99 pose pack is from around 8 years ago, and yes, everything has gone up in 8 years..  I'm not sure it's fair on the PA's to say it's not 'harder to make'.. given I really try and push the pose packs to be more narrative driven these days (and bigger in size where possible), as well as trying to ensure the artwork is top notch.  This all has a cost.

If I could sell everything for 1.99 like the good old days, I would.. but.. obviously that's not an option.

So please consider that I do everything I can in my power to keep prices as low as possible and it's not always as simple as 'they've double the price for the sake of it'.

That’s interesting that you push pose packs to be narrative because that’s the main reason I never purchase them. They are usually meant to go with a specific set and the last thing I want to do is copy someone else’s story idea/promo and I find the poses made with little attention to details or realism and they seem more cartoonish. I always alter all poses anyway and just use them as a starting point but there’s really little way of using the PC ones without literally copying the promo and the fact that they are tied to a specific position in a specific set makes their use very limited. 

However, I do like the PC+ club and will most likely stay with it unless I get so mad at Daz I want to make a statement by leaving lol. The truth is, I think my spending here is about to go WAY down. The new bundle deals are awful, I don’t like G8.1 or the new shaders and now even clothes are being made just for G8.1. During March Madness I almost exclusively purchased PC for a day items so PC+ is worth it to me for that alone. I already have so much, and with the direction Daz is going, it could be that I will only be buying older content now on deep sale since I don’t really need anything and I don’t like the direction Daz is going. But I left for a few years when Genesis came out because I was a Poser user and I hated DS, but came back when they adopted iRay, forced myself to finally learn DS (still learning due to lack of documentation!) and I REALLY hope Daz has new more exciting things ahead than the Season Pass, NFTs or G8,1 and the awful new shaders... 

I hope there is a summer PC sale this year because I remember last year’s was good with all the PC+ for a day items! 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited April 2021

certaintree38 said:

The universal dress also seems like a bad deal. I can't see using the base as is, and by the time you've gotten enough add-ons to make it pretty, you've spent more than you would have for a regular dress that just went on sale. I guess if you buy enough add ons, it gradually becomes worth it, but the quality (not so great) combined with the need to commit to buying so much before it becomes worth it, make it really unappealing to me.

The Renaissance dress is a different story. I've seen so many nice renders with it. It looks really good! And you only have to buy the base dress. The textures it comes with are nice enough to use.

The Universal Dress I'm not much of a fan of because it never seems to fit right. I guess that's because of the 'universality' of it...but add dForce in and it still doesn't quite fit (or drape) correctly. 

I like the Renaissance dress and it converts to dForce very nicely...though I wish there were more texture add-ons for it. I was only able to find just the base dress on the marketplace, though Moyra has a texture set on the other site.  

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2021

The Universal Dress I'm not much of a fan of because it never seems to fit right. I guess that's because of the 'universality' of it...but add dForce in and it still doesn't quite fit (or drape) correctly. 

I like the Renaissance dress and it converts to dForce very nicely...though I wish there were more texture add-ons for it. I was only able to find just the base dress on the marketplace, though Moyra has a texture set on the other site.  

There's also these: https://www.daz3d.com/renaissance-dress-milady

Post edited by Sera on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2021

I noticed Sofia HD is $3.49 and NOT 6.99 for the new PC+ releases. Comes with a no brows option, multiple eye colors and lip colors. I like the multiple eyebrow colors. One thing I don't like is the blush (I think it's the blush and not just a ruddy face?)  Even if I don't use the skin, the morphs are nice. However, note the 6.99 does NOT give you a no-eyebrow option!  Gives you 4 more colors, but NO off option. 

• Sofia Skin Materials Brows
    • Sofia Skin Materials No Brows
    • 6 Eye Colors
    • 5 Lip Colors + 1 Natural Lips
    • 5 Makeup Options Brows On
    • 5 Makeup Options Brows Off
    • 1 Eyelashes Material
    • 4 Fibermesh Eyebrows Colors
    •  

Then there's Paris at 6.99. More options for her. 

• 8 Makeup Options
      • 5 L.I.E. Liner Options
      • 1 L.I.E. Blusher Option
      • Makeup Off Options
    • Lips Options
      • 8 Lips Colour Options
      • 2 Gloss Strength Options
      • 1 Paler Colour L.I.E. Option
      • 1 Remove Option
    • Eyes Options
      • 8 Realistic Eye Colours
    • Natural and Mascara Lash Options
    • Fibermesh Eyebrows Options
      • 8 Realistic Eyebrow Colour Options

Post edited by Novica on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041
    edited April 2021

Novica said:

However, note the 6.99 does NOT give you a no-eyebrow option! 

Paris has fibermesh eyebrows, so there's a good chance the base maps are the no-brows options.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2021

To clarify, it's comparing a 4.99 (which is 3.49 on intro) against a 6.99 item (which is 4.89 on intro) .  I lowered the price as it is a 'newly PC' item, originally from 2019... which is why I bumped the price down.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,613

I could be a little thick, but I'm not really understanding the problem. PC+ is a good discount, and a lot of the items are excellent. There are PC+ sales; and some of the most expensive PC+ packages have turned up in "PC+ for a day" promotions at unbeatable prices. There is no reason to think that's all done with. And then there is the big PC+ sale later in the year. And, of course, compare the PC+ program to the premium programs on the other sites.

Unless something really unexpected is happening, this does not seem like it should be such a big issue. The $1.99 items are often V4. I like some of them; but it takes a fair amount of work to make some of those items look good. G2 costs a little more; and G3+ costs a little more, but those pieces are often better sorted. Then the environments, prop packs and such have their own price structures. That's across the site, except for when the big sales bend the normal rules.

I think it's good that we can ask about what's going on and that Jack answers us. I'm not seeing a cause for alarm. One of my favorite PC+ items ever, The post apocalyptic truck, is not an ultra-cheapie. And now that PC+ has some DZ Fire items, I have another reason get back in.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

To clarify, it's comparing a 4.99 (which is 3.49 on intro) against a 6.99 item (which is 4.89 on intro) .  I lowered the price as it is a 'newly PC' item, originally from 2019... which is why I bumped the price down.

I'm just pointing out there are options in price, which is nice. yes  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

...I just wish Daz development would stop rolling out store fixes during the October PC sale.  Last year wasn't the only time it happened and messed things up though it was the worst I've seen since I started here over a dozen years ago.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

I think the PC Club is still worth it, but it is a little odd that the two PC+ items in my wishlist are currently more expensive than about six other non-PC items also in there at the moment.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

If the prices are too high, just buy fewer products.  Now when I shop a sale, I put EVERYTHING I want in the shopping cart - sometimes 50 products - then when it's time to pay, I go through each item in the cart and talk myself out of buying it - I find a reason to not buy it.  If there is something I can't live without - it stays in the cart.  Out of the 50 products I started with, I end up buying maybe 3 of them - and this is stuff that's really been discounted.  I almost NEVER buy ANYTHING at DAZ at the regular price. Same with the 30% discount on new products - I regard the 30% discounted price as the regular price - and I almost NEVER buy a new release, unless it's a PC+ item.  These very expensive DAZ original figures that are $45 ($31.50 with the 30% discount) I never pay more than $20 for any of them. The longer I'm a customer at DAZ, the less I buy and the less I spend.  The stuff I buy, I REALLY want.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I spend the most the lower the prices are, During the PC for a day sales, I spend a ridiculous amount, loading my cart up and buying things I never would buy at a higher price but for that price, I figure I could use it for SOMETHING. I use to get all the pro bundles when they had great deals and lots of freebies and orange banners but stopped buying them when all that ended. I feel like Daz’s recent marketing strategy is backfiring. The worse the deals are, the less I, and I’m sure many others, buy,.. Many of us who have been around for a long time already have all the content we could possibly need really so the only incentive to buy anything are really great deals. And if they stop doing that, they will have to rely solely on newbies.