Is it possible to make a node of a person fully dressed ?

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Is possible to make a node of a person fully dressed ? Thank you :)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Not sure what you mean by a node here?

You can save a fully clothed character as a Scene Subset, and load that complete into any new scene, is that what you mean? Use the File menu and Save As > Scene Subset, you can then select the items that you want in that subset, if only the character and clothing etc, then just do not select the lights and cameras.

• edited December 1969

Am wanting to make a pose with a crew of twenty but I don't wanna dress all of them individually since their just background material

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That would be a very heavy load on your machine, to have 20 fully clothed figures in the Scene. How much RAM do you have available, and is it the 64 bit version we are talking about?

You would be better off trying to use LoRes figures like Predatron's Lorenzo and Loretta Lores, or even Genesis at Base mesh resolution. You can also create 'instances' in DAZ Studio now by using Create > New Node Instances.

• edited November 2014

I can do the node instances easy but the clothes don't duplicate that's my problem. Just need to know if clothes can transfer over too. I appreciate all your help, thank you thank you! :)

Post edited by christinac1986_2490617 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

You should be able to make node instances of the clothes, then copy and paste the placement of the wearer to put the clothes in place.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited December 1969

The only way to make clothes duplicate with the node instance is to parent (along with fit) the clothes to the figure you want to create instances of. This might, unfortunately, cause those clothes shift in odd ways, depending upon the outfit. You're better off making your fully clothed figure, exporting it out as an object, then importing the new object and making instances of that instead.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited November 2014

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/700357/ oddly I found I could use more older figures than Genesis
    I cannot find an explanation as to why
    it was not textures as 22 all grey genesis even hit 15GB
    was hitting 14GB of my 16GB of RAM though with 26 figures all dressed and haired

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • edited December 1969

This is a PM sent from JimmyC_2009 should anyone else need tips on this. All you guys rock! Thank you for all your help.

You could also try lores figures, or even Genesis at Base is about 19,000
    polys, of course the clothing would be extra. The other option would be, to
    render the figures separately, or un smaller groups, and combine them on
    layers in Photoshop?

How many figures that you can use in a Scene depends on the amount of RAM
    you have really. Saving as a Scene subset is the best way to get clothed
    figures into the library, and they can all have different clothing unlike
    instances.

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

Having tried to do crowds before, and struggled with the load, I would definitely, in the future, render figures separately or in small groups and then combine them in postwork.