Bryce terrains in Carrara

13»

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Now it would be cool to have the option to convert vertex objects to terrain objects!

Now that would be really great !

I am so chuffed - tested 3DEM http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/3dem - this is a little gem. It accepts a huge variety of USGS data types - including from Mars Explorer - and outputs in a whole slew of formats. Very true, no spikes, no need for further editing :)

One that I need to test is the .tif, which it outputs at 32 bits. Neither Bryce or Carrara can handle that, so I'll need to try Horo's converter, but his site seems to be offline at the moment.

This one was made from the same Grand Canyon data that I used before, using a plain old .jpg, minimal smoothing and erosion in Bryce - the detail is pretty good. It should be really great with 16 bit .tif or 24 bit .bmp.

Can't wait to get my hands on the Mars Explorer data - that should give some pretty interesting results.

canyon.jpg
    813 x 606 - 126K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Thanks Roy, this is a terrific thread I am so glad I bumped into it. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

And thanks for all the great links.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    Roygee said:

The fourth pic is Uluru, especially for Stezza:) If you don't want to go to all the hassle, I can post the .car file for you.

I totally missed this.. Roygee if you still have it thanks smiley

PM sent to you - enjoy!

gee stezza gets all the pm's ....

Could be that new avatar - my wife is already suspicious...

Mine too. !

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

Thanks Roygee... got it

yes

now to spend the rest of the morning reading my PMs'