Is there any way to get this working fully in Poser?

iDiruiDiru Posts: 697
edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/royal-eastern-the-asian-dragon
This product...
I've got Mystic Beasts or something for Daz Dragon 3 which works in my Poser, because of the importer, but I seem to be having trouble with this one. I figured it might work since the other one did.
But it's missing half of it. The morph works but there's nothing else. Is there ANY way I can make it work?
And please for the love of God don't say 'just use daz studio'. This happens every time I come here and while it was permissible for the first 100 times, it's getting really frustrating.
I CANNOT run Daz Studio on this computer and I will never be able to.
Furthermore I don't have the space for another program I'll never use.
So, if you're going to suggest Daz Studio, don't.
I'm not trying to be rude, it's just really frustrating asking for help for POSER and being told to just completely use a different program because that is not what I am asking.
I know this is, technically, a DAZ forum, but I know there are Poser users.
So please keep this in mind.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,573
    edited December 1969

There isn't any way of directly importing the Look at My Hair strand hair - you would ahve to rebuild it in Poser's Hair Room, as well as setting up the materials properly. However, if the shaping and rigging adjustments don't work then I'm not sure there would be anything you could do - certainly not without access to DS.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 697
    edited November 2014

There isn't any way of directly importing the Look at My Hair strand hair - you would ahve to rebuild it in Poser's Hair Room, as well as setting up the materials properly. However, if the shaping and rigging adjustments don't work then I'm not sure there would be anything you could do - certainly not without access to DS.

The thing about DS is, it's that it lags. It lags SO bad I can't even use it. I can't pose with it, it takes several minutes to load one figure; I have no idea why Poser runs faster than Daz but it does.
    So, praytel if I was able to download DAZ, and use it, how would I be able to use it to import things into Poser?
    As I said, the morphs work.
    I've been able to morph it into the shape but I don't have the tendrils, the hair, the materials...
    I don't even care as much about the hair as I do the dang tendrils.
    edit
    I tried doing the hair in hair room
    and I don't know why this happened
    but I can't even see what I'm selecting; there's like, nothing that shows me what's selected from where to put the hair
    and there is no way to change the material? I tried selecting the hair, but it didn't show up anywhere. It wouldn't let me select it at all and I couldnt' change the material, and as many hairs I put they pretty much are invisible...
    tendril.png
    1600 x 900 - 999K
    Post edited by iDiru on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

What are you system specs? I'm a Poser user and DS lags no ware near as much as Poser does and I have 32GB of RAM. The only way you can use DS content in Poser is if that product has Poser files or DSON