How Do I Map the Install Path to Bryce for the DAZ Install Manager

Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello all my fellow Bryce-aholics. I have started this thread for the purpose of learning about how to map the install path to Bryce in the DAZ Install Manager (DIM). According to what I have learned so far from my own experiences in the DIM, it must be possible to do so!

Here is why I believe this:
1. Products made for Bryce appear in the Downloadable Product list of the DIM. I have several myself already downloaded using the DIM awaiting a valid install path.
2. In the settings tools there is the possibility to map a path for installing products to Bryce. This is readily apparent when looking at that dialogue.
3. A recent product I got for DAZ Studio includes a Bryce CF (Companion File). When I clicked on it in the Install Product list, I got a message popup that asked for an install path to be mapped, and then I would need to try installing again.

Now if that third bit of evidence is not definite proof that it is possible to map an install path for Bryce in the DIM, I don't know what is! The problem is that I have yet to find any information concerning this. I am a person that proceeds with caution with such things. I want definite instructions explaining how to map a path, and the specific path to map.

I'm sure that many of us are interested in this other than myself, because it would most certainly be a big help to have such a path mapped in the DIM, making installation much easier to achieve. There are products I have had available for Bryce 7.1 Pro, but have been unable to use due to not knowing how to get them installed. Even some products that were made for Bryce 5 and Bryce 5.5 have yet to be of use. If I could get that path mapped and be able to use the DIM for installing those products, I could be sure that access to those products in Bryce would be available.

So let's discuss this and see what we can find out together. If anybody knows the answers, their input will be most welcome!

Stay Awesome!

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,088
    edited December 1969

1) Fire up DIM
    2) Click on the gear icon, top right, to open the settings window
    3) Click on the 'Applications' tab
    4) Click on the '+' sign at bottom left to add a new application
    5) Click on the drop-down bar under 'Name:' and select Bryce
    6) If not running 7 Pro, click on the bar under "Version:' and pick the correct version
    7) Click on the '...' icon to the right of the path opening and browse to your Bryce directory
    8) Click on your Bryce directory
    9) Click on the green 'Accept' button
    10) Click on the green 'Accept' button to exit setup

Go forth and install . . . :-)

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    1) Fire up DIM
    2) Click on the gear icon, top right, to open the settings window
    3) Click on the 'Applications' tab
    4) Click on the '+' sign at bottom left to add a new application
    5) Click on the drop-down bar under 'Name:' and select Bryce
    6) If not running 7 Pro, click on the bar under "Version:' and pick the correct version
    7) Click on the '...' icon to the right of the path opening and browse to your Bryce directory
    8) Click on your Bryce directory
    9) Click on the green 'Accept' button
    10) Click on the green 'Accept' button to exit setup

Go forth and install . . . :-)

Thank you for posting such a great step by step! This will definitely be a great help to me and any others that are wondering about this! It will also make installing future products for Bryce many times easier than the manual way, which I have never really mastered.

To all members that have Bryce and the DAZ Install Manager. this friend namffluak has generously provided precise instructions for you to follow!